JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One I took this morning while taking care of some things around the old homestead.

snow1.jpg

Have any to share?

Last Edited:
20170101_082018.jpg

Took this while sitting in a boat on the Columbia River sturgeon fishing on New Years day..... it's is the Oregon side around Cascade Locks.

20170101_133001.jpg

The drive back was a brease until late we had to get 30 yards up to oknow's driveway covered with 5" of snow..... but we got r done....;)

Last Edited:
Hold on to your long johns, sounds like we will be getting ANOTHER opportunity for fresh "Winter Scene" pictures. Dammmit!

I'm looking forward to it. Or at least I think I am? :confused::D

I lived with enough of this crap 'till I was 27 when I moved here. Enjoyed it as a kid, and when I started driving and skiing. NOW, I don't even like the smell of snow...yeah, I can smell it in the air. Ice is terrible and causes power outages. I have a good wood stove but I don't like being cold. I worry about the plants I grow, trees loosing limbs. I'm one of them that feed birds too, that means even more hassle in this kind of weather. Maybe I'm just too nervous of a person! Give me sweet, moist, clean air, with gentle rain! That is what I love about the temperate climate this side of The Cascades.

If I can stay at home, I love the snow, and to a lesser extent, the ice. But if I have to be out and about, I'd rather avoid it. I used to love driving in it when I was a skier, but the thrill is gone ;)

Cold and dry out here between Monmouth and Dallas. The small amount of snow & ice on the roof melts, and then re-freezes as it trickles out the drainpipes. Makes for some unusual icicles. This looks like flowing water, but it's ice.

IMG_0187.jpg

Went and played in the snow with the kids on Monday. This is off of one of the state roads by the rest area off 26.

283102-fcce5ef71e7eaa41968a51d6a30e3287.jpg

Good for you guys!! Love seeing the kids around here where we don't get much white stuff go out and have fun in it! ! Too young to realize how cold they really are!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top