JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prime-2.jpg

Speaking of employers, I just got back fro going to get an employee of my wofe's and taking them to work so she didn't have to work overnight.

I don't mind the snow as a matter of fact I would love more of it. Here in Vancouver we don't get much of anything. Except a day of ice.

I have all wheel drive and studs. Driven over the mountain at night and day many many times in winter. I feel really confident in snow, ice is another beast, but one I'm okay driving, still scares me, but I'll confident in any weather.

Best thing you can do is be scared. Then you won't be stupid.

Best thing is experience - to know the limits of yourself and your equipment.

Been driving for almost 5 decades, both on and off-road, been in many accidents, and I am well aware of how quickly things can go bad when you think you have everything under control.

Studs are probably the best in snow and ice, especially if combined with experience and AWD. Ice I simply avoid if it is like it is now - a thick covering.

Best thing is experience - to know the limits of yourself and your equipment.

Been driving for almost 5 decades, both on and off-road, been in many accidents, and I am well aware of how quickly things can go bad when you think you have everything under control.

Studs are probably the best in snow and ice, especially if combined with experience and AWD. Ice I simply avoid if it is like it is now - a thick covering.

This was Palouse Falls on Saturday. We were out and about doing a little coyote hunting and figured we'd stop and check it out. It was 8 for a high that day.

It doesn't look like it but I think it's like a 200' drop.

2dhw8lj.jpg

Lol.
Thisy here warms the cackles of my heart..
(from some years ago)

Damn, that video with the runners, that is freaking hilarious - so confident, then BAM, on her azz! "Oh, this is just the perfect snow for running, nice and dry. I don't know how the bicyclists do it, we just run and run and it's bliss" Dumb azzes.

The Mercedes has been totaled by the insurance company. That limb fell 50 feet out of the top of one of our big oaks. The old Toyota pickup was, of course, unscathed.

IceStorm - 5.jpg

Round three is coming our way and I have read people are jumping for joy of the news that we are going to salt the roads. The idiots think it is the magic bullet and will magically make things all normal so they can go back too driving bumper to bumper at 80 mph all the while texting and all the other things they do while they are supposed to be driving. And the same people are usually the anti gun and environmental crowd. I guess their environmental mantra is only good until it affects them directly, then it ok to do environmental damage because it affects them personally not to. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Not pretty anymore. Ice dams. One son and I shoved as much as we could off the roof. I blew our drive way 4 times today as the white stuff poured ...also blew drive ways for two neighbors who were snow-bound and too old to do it. The county keeps coming by and plugging the driveway too. I guess this will fill the aquifers. If it melts too fast it will be a mess. On the other hand, maybe the government will fill Detroit Lake.

IMG_5267.JPG IMG_5269.JPG IMG_5260.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top