Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester to Deliver 200 Million 40-Cal. Rounds to Homeland Security

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Blackfeather7, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Blackfeather7

Blackfeather7 Oregon Member

2. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

It might mean that they need the ammo for training, and duty use. Gubermint agencies go through alot of ammo.

3. G-19

G-19 vancouver Member

I wonder how many employees carry a gun for Homeland Security. If it is 10,000, then that would mean 4000 per person per year. That doesn't sound too high to me if they want great shooters. If they only have 1000 employees then 40000 a year seems a little excessive.

4. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

They are going to utilize these at the FEMA camps. It's 'greener' than gas chambers.

:devil:

5. Randini

Randini Salem Member

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Winchester Ammunition was recently awarded a contract by the Immigration, Customs and Enforcement (ICE) division of the Department of Homeland Security to supply a maximum of 200 million, 40 cal. rounds over the next five years."

I agree its not that much, maybe its for the rise in shoot outs with the Mexican drug cartel that they are expecting? along with other weapons/ammo.

6. Blackfeather7

Of course this is in addition to whatever they already have stockpiled. I doubt that the are low on ammo since they haven't used a lot...yet.

7. Blackfeather7

8. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

My Brother works for the FDA. Won't say where, but he said he saw them bringing pallets of .40 cal. into his building last year. Said the elevators could barely handle the weight. We're talking about tens of thousands of rounds! Now what the heck is the FDA doing with that much ammo? :huh:

9. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

The bureaucracies that make up the smaller federal governmental units will be easier to convince to do unconstitutional things than the military. Many military members will bail out when it is time to fire on US Civvies. Obama's brown shirts can just report to any federal agency when they see a bible and gun clinging terrorist. FDA, EPA, USFS, etc.

(I like this tin-foil hat, fits nice)

10. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Looks like it's not just the "prepper" stocking up......

11. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I guess we all need to reload more, to even think about being evenly firepowered.

12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Antother 150 MILLION rounds to go and they'll have enough for the backs of EVERYONE'S head in them thar FEMA camps!! :paranoid:

13. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

Self defence against the army of zombie cows with mad cow disease of coarse:laugh::laugh:

14. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

Hey, on the bright side after DHS takes their delivery, .40 cal winchester might get cheap given the new found capacity.

My take on the order is they want to be prepared for training and conflict with the mexican cartels. Could you imagine it they didn't make a pre-order and they had to divert ammo from our stores........ THAT wouldn't end well.

15. pistolero57

pistolero57 Kalama, WA Member

The turkey asks "what does it mean that my owner is sharpening an axe?"

16. pistolero57

What it means is that they have made a commitment to a crappy caliber handgun.

17. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

Most of you should be aware that Janet Napoleatino, head of FEMA, has stated that the biggest threats to America are-Conservatives, gun owners, Christians, Military people and ex GI's. So, they need all that ammo to "protect" the country. They aren't going to use those cartridges against illegal aliens, they're planning on amnesty for them!

18. pistolero57

Substitute the words "New World Order" or "New Feudal State" or "Fourth Reich" in place of the word "America" in Janet Napolitano's statement and the real meaning becomes obvious. Janet Napolitano's "America" is a diffferent country than the America I grew up in. It's actually a foreign regime within our own government, a shadow government, that defies the US constitution - and is therefore a mortal enemy of real Americans.

19. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

class IIa Vest.... Check!

Ok Im good!

Now if it was .223 that they were stocking up on!!! I may have to dawn my Plates!!!!:paranoid:

20. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

I LOL'ed... But, not a bad idea... might help reduce our countries debt :)