JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a Wincheseter SXP Black Shadow. First time I shot it the bolt locked into the barrel after the 3rd shot. I had to take it apart to unlock it. Tried again, this time loading one at a time, and it locked up on the 2nd. Anybody know why this could happen? Sending it to them tomorrow so they can check it out, fingers crossed.

I just got a Wincheseter SXP Black Shadow. First time I shot it the bolt locked into the barrel after the 3rd shot. I had to take it apart to unlock it. Tried again, this time loading one at a time, and it locked up on the 2nd. Anybody know why this could happen? Sending it to them tomorrow so they can check it out, fingers crossed.

There have been lots of complaints posted about this shotgun in recent years. It is quite easy to use Google and find them all over the Internet. If I were you, I would try to get my money back, and buy a better quality shotgun. There are just way too many disturbing reports online about this shotgun.

I would personally never buy a shotgun made in Turkey myself. I was actually shocked to see that Winchester is now outsourcing some guns to be made there now. In the past, Winchester guns have been made in the USA, Japan, or by Fabrique Nationale in Europe. The quality control at the plant in Turkey that is making these shotguns must be abysmal, for so many people to be reporting problems.

One of the malfunctions that has been reported is the bolt actually discharging shotshells when a round is chambered. It happens even when the gun's safety is on.

Very scary malfunction. Take a look at this video:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews