JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm with ya' I don't understand how something like an encased for shipping rifle gets lost. We're not talking about the ugly sweater you ship your father-in-law for Christmas here.
Simple: low wage employees, massive amounts of packages to choose from, zero repurcussions for stealing (for company and the thief).

That's why I don't let Anyone scan my drivers license. All your personal info can be sold off in batches on the dark web. Low wage employees in data management can do anything they want with your personal info and there are zero repercussions. Common sense says it has/is/will happen. It's human nature unfortunately.

I'm with ya' I don't understand how something like an encased for shipping rifle gets lost. We're not talking about the ugly sweater you ship your father-in-law for Christmas here.
With the buttstock removed, and packed beside the barreled action the package with lots pf padding was only 34" long and about 6" square. Not something you'd look at and say it's a gun. So no idea why it got stolen, or how anything that large got lost?

I failed to find any humor in it myself. But I'm a bit upset, so it wasn't funny to me.

I suspect it was an attempt to cheer you up a little. It's kinda like when your buddy's hot girlfriend just dumped him, and then you ask him if he'd mind if you asked her out on a date…. Just to get a rise out of him then say, "too soon?"…. and make him laugh it off.

Sometimes it falls flat…. :s0092:

Low

Simple: low wage employees, massive amounts of packages to choose from, zero repurcussions for stealing (for company and the thief).
I have a guy whose worked over 30 years at the original old main Post Office downtown, and now at the new distribution center on Cornfoot Rd. by the airport. I asked him how a package might get out of the building, and he said it's virtually impossible without being caught on a camera. The new center has cameras everywhere, except the bathrooms, so he said it just couldn't have left there.
But tracking shows it got there, and left the Portland Center, and then nothing more. So wherever it is or went, is after it left Portland. He still thinks it might show up months later, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope it does as I sold it to my buddy for less than half of what it was worth, because I got it in a package deal, and knew he wanted a Ballard rifle. So I priced it at what it cost me in the deal.

I suspect it was an attempt to cheer you up a little. It's kinda like when your buddy's hot girlfriend just dumped him, and then you ask him if he'd mind if you asked her out on a date…. Just to get a rise out of him then say, "too soon?"…. and make him laugh it off.

Sometimes it falls flat…. :s0092:
I suspect it was more about being the class clown, than to cheer me up.

I have a guy whose worked over 30 years at the original old main Post Office downtown, and now at the new distribution center on Cornfoot Rd. by the airport. I asked him how a package might get out of the building, and he said it's virtually impossible without being caught on a camera. The new center has cameras everywhere, except the bathrooms, so he said it just couldn't have left there.
But tracking shows it got there, and left the Portland Center, and then nothing more. So wherever it is or went, is after it left Portland. He still thinks it might show up months later, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope it does as I sold it to my buddy for less than half of what it was worth, because I got it in a package deal, and knew he wanted a Ballard rifle. So I priced it at what it cost me in the deal.
Funny how cameras stop working or never catch the thief... maybe he turned it off or knows the blind spots.

I will say some postal managers will fire thieves once they are caught. We had a carrier who opened 100% of mail that looked like there was a credit card in it. I complained and they put a red flag on him and he was caught and fired.

I failed to find any humor in it myself. But I'm a bit upset, so it wasn't funny to me.
I understand this wasn't directed at my post, but I apologize for my attempt at humor; no offense was intended.

It sounds like a neat rifle. I hope it eventually turns up, or the insurance check comes through at least. I've been lucky, never had any trouble shipping things. This does give me pause about shipping a firearm.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top