Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Willamette Week rates Metro-area Legislators

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Modeler, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I'm going to go ahead and assume no one else on here reads the Willamette Week (I can't resist a free newspaper), but they released their bienniel review of Metro-area legislators, based on anonymous interviews of lobbyists and political insiders. Here's the article:

The Good, the Bad and the Awful

Of particular note is Senator Ginny Burdick's review:

Sen. Ginny Burdick
    D-Southwest Portland

Overall rating: 6.39
    Integrity: 6.63
    Brains: 6.26
    Effectiveness: 6.29

Burdick makes more headlines than laws. “Two words on effectiveness,” writes one respondent, “gun bills.” If Salem’s top arms-control expert can’t pass anti-gun measures after the Newtown, Conn., and Clackamas Town Center shootings, maybe it’s time to turn to something more achievable, like cold fusion. Burdick, 65, a reporter-turned-PR consultant serving in her eighth session, also chairs the Senate Finance and Revenue Committee. That puts her in the middle of Salem’s long-running pipe dream: tax reform. Like gun control, tax reform ain’t happening. Burdick did help pass a bill preventing employers from gaining access to employees’ social-media accounts. Lobbyists acknowledge Burdick tackles big issues, but her initiatives often fall short. “Way past her expiration date,” says a critic.

2. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Hopefully that (coming from the left) makes her vulnerable in the next primary. I can't wait to donate to her opposition.

3. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Find your legislator: Oregon State Legislature - Find Your Legislator

Are they listed below in the gun ban story? If so, time to step up and do something. I was shocked to see both of mine in the story below, Chip Shields (Senator) and Lew Fredricks (Rep). Fredricks had said he was an NRA member.

Link to full story dated 2-12-13:
    Massive Gun Ban Introduced - Oregon Firearms Federation

Snippet of the story:
    Time for all of us to step up and work to get as many out as possible, Burdick included.

4. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Eliminate them in the PRIMARY. Find a good Pro-2A democrat to run against them, and the support them with your TIME and treasure. They do exist, you have one in the OR senate. Betsy Johnson...No?

5. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

We need her to back the other @#%%&^%#! off!

6. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

??????