JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to go ahead and assume no one else on here reads the Willamette Week (I can't resist a free newspaper), but they released their bienniel review of Metro-area legislators, based on anonymous interviews of lobbyists and political insiders. Here's the article:

The Good, the Bad and the Awful

Of particular note is Senator Ginny Burdick's review:

Sen. Ginny Burdick
D-Southwest Portland

Overall rating: 6.39
Integrity: 6.63
Brains: 6.26
Effectiveness: 6.29

Burdick makes more headlines than laws. “Two words on effectiveness,” writes one respondent, “gun bills.” If Salem’s top arms-control expert can’t pass anti-gun measures after the Newtown, Conn., and Clackamas Town Center shootings, maybe it’s time to turn to something more achievable, like cold fusion. Burdick, 65, a reporter-turned-PR consultant serving in her eighth session, also chairs the Senate Finance and Revenue Committee. That puts her in the middle of Salem’s long-running pipe dream: tax reform. Like gun control, tax reform ain’t happening. Burdick did help pass a bill preventing employers from gaining access to employees’ social-media accounts. Lobbyists acknowledge Burdick tackles big issues, but her initiatives often fall short. “Way past her expiration date,” says a critic.

Find your legislator: <broken link removed>

Are they listed below in the gun ban story? If so, time to step up and do something. I was shocked to see both of mine in the story below, Chip Shields (Senator) and Lew Fredricks (Rep). Fredricks had said he was an NRA member.

Link to full story dated 2-12-13:
Massive Gun Ban Introduced - Oregon Firearms Federation

Snippet of the story:
"Seven Senators joined with eight House Reps to introduce a sweeping ban on virtually all modern firearms. Among the Senators is, of course, Ginny Burdick, who claimed on Wednesday "that she is backing off an attempt to push through a bill on gun clips that she drafted following the December shootings at the Clackamas Mall." The other sponsors are:

Representatives BAILEY, BUCKLEY, DEMBROW, FREDERICK, READ, REARDON, TOMEI, Senators , DINGFELDER, HASS, MONNES- ANDERSON, MONROE, SHIELDS, STEINER- HAYWARD.

Remember them.

HB 3200 not only bans most modern guns and magazines, it allows warrantless searches of your home, requires background checks and registration for a firearm you already own and as-of-yet undefined storage requirements. We say "a firearm" because even if you comply with the restrictions in this bill you may still only own one........."

Time for all of us to step up and work to get as many out as possible, Burdick included.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top