JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not read the bit (I will after I respond here) But I can tell you that just as short as a few years ago I would have had an unequivocal yes as an answer.

These days I am starting to notice though that I am not as coordinated as I once was, Im not as quick. I dont bounce back like I used to and I am in general simply not a kid anymore. I have a lot of traits that would be favorable in a end of the world scenario but I no longer think that I am all that. A few guns and a pile of food does not make up for having 30 years worth of aches and atrophy ( 30 years over that 18 year old prime male specimen)

I do think that if I could make it 6 months or a year into the end of the world though that I would be bound to be in better shape than I am now.

I have not read the bit (I will after I respond here) But I can tell you that just as short as a few years ago I would have had an unequivocal yes as an answer.

These days I am starting to notice though that I am not as coordinated as I once was, Im not as quick. I dont bounce back like I used to and I am in general simply not a kid anymore. I have a lot of traits that would be favorable in a end of the world scenario but I no longer think that I am all that. A few guns and a pile of food does not make up for having 30 years worth of aches and atrophy ( 30 years over that 18 year old prime male specimen)

I do think that if I could make it 6 months or a year into the end of the world though that I would be bound to be in better shape than I am now.

Deer get old not just by being strong but by being smart. Don't sell yourself short, what you have learned in your life far and away makes up the difference in age. Young bull is strong but the old bull is mean.

That why OG's organize all those little teenagers and have them doing all the work.

Work smarter, not harder =).

And He'll Yes, for me. I'm with Jim - meaner and smarter beats youths advantages. I plan on making it to 130 so I am going to have to make it thru some bubblegum to get there;):cool:

The author's insistence that 'retired military guys' have been trained to shoot and ergo are the ones to rush to for protection rang my anti-statist bell.
NYC has 47,000 cops so why not rush to NYC? Because the author has no clue beyond what popular culture declares to be 'truth'

The author's insistence that 'retired military guys' have been trained to shoot and ergo are the ones to rush to for protection rang my anti-statist bell.
NYC has 47,000 cops so why not rush to NYC? Because the author has no clue beyond what popular culture declares to be 'truth'

It's why I read this stuff, you can see how foolish their thinking is and they just don't have a big picture. It confirms you are making the right decisions.o_O

I see it as a double edge sword.

Young men waist energy because they have energy to waist.
Older men cant afford wasted motion. So they get things done. And Guns are a great shortcut.

Older men are often crippled up in some way.
But can still be bigger, stronger, leaner and defiantly meaner and tougher than men in there 30's and 40's.
But we defiantly have to protect our weak and worn areas.

We can still dish it out. And can take more punishment than most young men!
Even though we know it will take us longer to heal.

And if We go toe to toe with someone we know is meaner?
He won't see ''This is gona hurt'' in our eyes!
We don't care if we survive.
We care that we give any fight our all!

Because we are Bitter , Old Cusses!
So let the chips fall where they may.

I guess you could call Us fools to fight at our age. And your right!
But You would be a fool to fight us!;)

I see it as a double edge sword.

Young men waist energy because they have energy to waist.
Older men cant afford wasted motion. So they get things done. And Guns are a great shortcut.

Older men are often crippled up in some way.
But can still be bigger, stronger, leaner and defiantly meaner and tougher than men in there 30's and 40's.
But we defiantly have to protect our weak and worn areas.

We can still dish it out. And can take more punishment than most young men!
Even though we know it will take us longer to heal.

And if We go toe to toe with someone we know is meaner?
He won't see ''This is gona hurt'' in our eyes!
We don't care if we survive.
We care that we give any fight our all!

Because we are Bitter , Old Cusses!
So let the chips fall where they may.

I guess you could call Us fools to fight at our age. And your right!
But You would be a fool to fight us!;)
Well put!

Old guys have seen a lot of things and done alot of things that will help them survive. Craping your pants while waiting in ambush doesn't bother the old guys, we are allready used to it.:s0033::s0140::s0140::s0140:

one metric was ignored; Sanctuary cities and COUNTYs. In case your wondering, your surrounded by sanctuary countys. Just imagine the # of undocumented zombies filling up the landscape

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top