JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
did someone say Zombie Bigfoot?
th?id=OIP.Mcd9c3a2217076d0d66b892e5713b7c6aH0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

What kind of ridiculous assumption it it that it's zombies one must fear? If you layed out a realistic plan for surviving an EMP burst or a Carrington event over that map you might have something.

LA would still be brown of course, maybe more so as the pumps that get water to the county will not be working, but most of Nevada with it's lack of water might be brown instead of green as well. Certainly a good part of the high country of the Rockies, with their horrible growing seasons due to cold weather, would be interlaced with brown as well. Coastal lowlands with plenty of water and food (Oregon/Washington coast) would be green.

What kind of ridiculous assumption it it that it's zombies one must fear? If you layed out a realistic plan for surviving an EMP burst or a Carrington event over that map you might have something.

LA would still be brown of course, maybe more so as the pumps that get water to the county will not be working, but most of Nevada with it's lack of water might be brown instead of green as well. Certainly a good part of the high country of the Rockies, with their horrible growing seasons due to cold weather, would be interlaced with brown as well. Coastal lowlands with plenty of water and food (Oregon/Washington coast) would be green.

But that is where the Zombies liveo_O

The more Blue the county or precinct, the worse the zombie infestation ALREADY is.

Seriously, most grocery stores are only stocked with three days' sales worth of food. Now imagine what happens if the trucks aren't comin' or the welfare EBT funds aren't flowin'...

THREE DAYS. That's all that stands between us and Night of the Living Dead brought to horrible reality. Think about it sometime...

3 day for Normal demand, not panic buying or looting. Costco/Winco is 1/2 warehouse but once the Zombies infest the place that's it. You'll notice that the entrance and exits to such places are difficult to access at any sort of speed, there is a reason for that

Which only reinforces my main point: the time to Buy Cheap, Stack Deep and decide whether to harden and Shelter in Place or get your bolt-hole ready and bug out when the balloon goes up is NOW. :)

I'm probably toast trapped in the suburbs with two aging and morbidly-obese relatives who've fallen into the Paycheck-to-Paycheck trap, but... well, maybe there'll be somebody around here who can use an extra pair of eyes, ears and hands and doesn't mind On The Job Training on things like throwing up buildings, repairing fences/palisades, etc.

The back ain't particularly great, and I can't do a lot of running or heavy lifting... but I do know some basic structural engineering so at least I could assist with designing and building whatever needed improvements to "Fort Apache, The 'Burbs." LOL (Admittedly, having somewhere to plug in the laptop for the Design phase *would* be helpful... :) )

The high-flying societal-dependent people will fall the hardest; eaten by zombies first. :p

Those who have the ability to function in an 1890s lifestyle will have to make smaller adjustments, but stand a much-better chance.

Lucky are the people who are part of local, trustworthy, and like-minded relationships...

Most people (particularly in democrat enclaves like Oregon) would "sing like a canary", in exchange for a little authority or a cup of soup....

Perhaps the bigger question is "would I want to?" Considering what the state of the world would be if such an event could actually happen, would it be worth surviving? I know it's human nature to preserve one's life, but I would think a big part of the decision to fight every day to survive is based on your belief of what is ahead. Rebuilding society? Would that be possible? Or would you be happy living out the rest of your life with no further human contact? Since we don't know the level of potential overall death tolls in such an event, it could be a possible extinction of the human race.

It's all hypothetical of course. But one more consideration, at least for some, would be whether you believe that what you have in this life is all there is. For those that believe there is something more after this life, it may come to a time when fighting to survive may lose its appeal.

I could probably hold out for a time, but without access to insulin, which, as a Type 1, I can't live without, I would likely be a goner before a year is out. My biggest hope would be to survive long enough to safely get my family to a safe location with a safe group of people, if that even existed.

My gal probably wouldn't live long without regular iron infusions, so I kinda feel your pain, etrain. So for me it'd be "focus on making whatever time she has as comfortable as I can, then throw myself into rebuilding as a coping mechanism for the grief."

No matter what, most of my living relatives would cease to be in COMWEC--the ones I have to prop up today for their immobility, the other branch in the NW from being likely to join a pack of marauders and end up put down trying to steal stuff.

So at that point, pretty much unless my gal's moved out here, my allegiance and what skills I can muster are on the table for anyone who'll help me make my way eastward to check on my gal and her folks--whether to extract them, or avenge them.

My luck would be I get sick in the beginning before the world ends and end up as a zombie. If I make it past that I think it would be hard to be a "lone wolf" the central theme of all zombie senerios is that teamwork is the only way to survive. People have to come together, and we need hipsters to use as fodder and bate. Hehehe

-- I'm gonna die from trench foot I don't have enough socks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top