JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rrrright....*Capitol One.....gives me 1% cash back when I purchase and another 1% cash back when I pay. And now.....well, some hacker got my info.

Capital One Data Breach Compromises Data of Over 100 Million

What's next?

A call from Amzaon that I bought some ridiculous thing at some ridiculous price.....and they demand payment?

*BTW, I happen to like their 2% cash back card and have pretty much sidelined all the other cards in my wallet.

Aloha, Mark

I'm guessing everyone's info has been exposed due to one breach or another; especially experian, etc. I just monitor my credit report/score regularly for any changes and have alerts sent when any spend occurs on my cards. Instantly caught a fraudulent charge on my Amazon card that way a few years ago.

Edit: my nightmare scenario is where someone with all your info takes out a mortgage on your house somehow, leaving you with tons of legal fee's fighting it.

Last Edited:
That story was a year ago. These things happen every so often. It's why We only use Credit Cards to shop. Wife and I shop online almost daily. Also have free monitoring from a couple places. Wife got hit a few times and that monitoring is how it was caught very fast. I took one of the Amazon cards about a year ago. They had harassed me for a long time for one, 5% back on things bought from them and I buy from them all the time. Last time I bought a laptop from them the usual ad pops up, this time offering about 40% off on the buy if I took their card so I finally did. Has been nice. 2% on everything else and the 5% from them. Soon after I got the Amazon card someone did get it. Someone was charging some weird things on some Google site that were just a few bucks. I have to guess testing it. Bank just reversed them and sent a new card.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top