JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rrrright....*Capitol One.....gives me 1% cash back when I purchase and another 1% cash back when I pay. And now.....well, some hacker got my info.

Capital One Data Breach Compromises Data of Over 100 Million

What's next?

A call from Amzaon that I bought some ridiculous thing at some ridiculous price.....and they demand payment?

*BTW, I happen to like their 2% cash back card and have pretty much sidelined all the other cards in my wallet.

Aloha, Mark

I'm guessing everyone's info has been exposed due to one breach or another; especially experian, etc. I just monitor my credit report/score regularly for any changes and have alerts sent when any spend occurs on my cards. Instantly caught a fraudulent charge on my Amazon card that way a few years ago.

Edit: my nightmare scenario is where someone with all your info takes out a mortgage on your house somehow, leaving you with tons of legal fee's fighting it.

Last Edited:
That story was a year ago. These things happen every so often. It's why We only use Credit Cards to shop. Wife and I shop online almost daily. Also have free monitoring from a couple places. Wife got hit a few times and that monitoring is how it was caught very fast. I took one of the Amazon cards about a year ago. They had harassed me for a long time for one, 5% back on things bought from them and I buy from them all the time. Last time I bought a laptop from them the usual ad pops up, this time offering about 40% off on the buy if I took their card so I finally did. Has been nice. 2% on everything else and the 5% from them. Soon after I got the Amazon card someone did get it. Someone was charging some weird things on some Google site that were just a few bucks. I have to guess testing it. Bank just reversed them and sent a new card.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top