JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
_DSC1064.jpeg

actually, that is a yellow swallow tail, monarchs are orange. I thought these were monarchs forever, just recently found out otherwise
Ah good to know thx!

Saw this one two days ago. Must be an albino (or is there a white swallowtail I wonder?). Or I suppose it could have been floating long enough to be bleached by the sun? Looked white to naked eye.

91F74D48-95A9-423D-BD4A-7C72103F60CA.png

Last Edited:
Just for fun, some pics from the wildife safari place near eugene. Worth the trip if you've never been. It's all drive through and most of the animals aren't in a cage. The grizzlies were secured by electric fence though. Our car was about 6' away from him for the one griz shot below. Also the rhino literally blocked the road in front of us and one time threatened to charge. That alone was worth it. Makes one feel quite puny even in a vehicle.

asdasdasd.jpeg asdasdasdsadasda.jpeg asdsadasdsad.jpeg sdfsdf.jpg sdfsdfsdf.jpg

Last Edited:
Ah good to know thx!

Saw this one two days ago. Must be an albino (or is there a white swallowtail I wonder?). Or I suppose it could have been floating long enough to be bleached by the sun? Looked white to naked eye.

View attachment 1455514
I've never seen a Monarch Butterfly here. I know people have supposedly. The particular milkweeds they feed on grew all over where I lived in Utah. As kids we'd find the caterpillars feeding on the milkweeds and put them in a quart jar with holes in the lids. Keep them in fresh leaves, and eventually they'd form their chrysalis on the underside of the lid. I must have watched those thing a lot, because I remember seeing them transform to chrysalis and breaking out of it.
1689780179074.png

skip to :25/mute so you don't have to listen to that gal.

The Viceroy butterfly mimics the Monarch coloring.

Last Edited:
Lookin a little Parched there Sobo! :p
I was fine... just had to dip my tootsies into the cool, clean, babbling Columbia River water to be rejuvenated from this oppressive heat of late.

Now, back to the woods! You'll never find me! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :s0140:

Last Edited:
This is just two trailcam videos put together. The first shows elk going through, then the second shows a lion running through hunting them. Then near the end you see running in the mirror. Closest timeframe I've caught between the lion and prey,,,

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top