JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My little buddy! Western Pygmy Owl about a year old, lives up in the rafters in the car port! Comes down to "Beg" visit every day to see what's going on! Usually follows me around when i'm out side, makes a mess of my hair and has destroyed my good Cat hat! Still, fun little feller!

255206630_55fa0cd530_z.jpg

2E3A4187-55AB-4D35-8F74-091445DF3446.png Looks a lot like this guy that flew in the widow of my truck, while I was driving, a few years ago, l turned around and released him as close to the point that he flew in. ASR's
My little buddy! Western Pygmy Owl about a year old, lives up in the rafters in the car port! Comes down to "Beg" visit every day to see what's going on! Usually follows me around when i'm out side, makes a mess of my hair and has destroyed my good Cat hat! Still, fun little feller!

View attachment 576331

Not sure if I ever posted this, and I'm too lazy to look back through 17 pages to see...anyway, maybe you haven't seen it because its too far back in the thread.
...From the 44th floor of a building, somewhere in downtown Seattle....

Seagull.jpg

...this guy was asleep, with his head stuck down at the base of his wings. Just as I was about to take the picture, his head popped up. Dammit.
This is taken through a large pane of glass, that's why everything has a greenish hue (sees a lot of sun, so they applied something to cut down on that).
The little white spot on the back of his head is actually a reflection from the glass I was shooting through, but I always thought it made his head look like a wet egg.

Dean

Saw the first Western Tanager in backyard this morning but couldn't get an up close shot. These guys come up from central America and usually we don't see them in Portland until mid to late May. Seems like they are a little bit early this year. They seem to really like pine trees. Body is all yellow so pretty easy to spot. They are smaller than a robin but bigger than a sparrow. I've heard that their diet determines how red their head is.

flowers small-4.jpg

I forgot the camera today.

Quite a few Bald Eagles were about 15y from the road eating some mutton in a field. Would have been great...

View attachment 576331
That is so cool. I think the fact he trusts you says more about you than him
. :s0090:

Forgive the crappy cell phone pics.

This guy spent a few mornings in my backyard. Had a female with him one morning.
0430190634.jpg

Saw this dude chowing down right beside the road. Got to within 15 yards or so of him.
0422191257.jpg

Finally, there's a really nice 4x4 blacktail standing in here.
1224181258.jpg

There's no deer in that third picture, you are yanking our chain..

I wouldn't do such a thing! Now you'll have to forgive a cellphone screenshot of a poorly edited poorly taken cell phone pic. His head is right there in the circle. You can even make out his antlers if you zoom in, hold the tip of your tongue out the left side of your mouth, the wind is just right, and the moon is in the right phase.

Screenshot_2019-05-22-14-43-07.png

This might not be the place but .
Does anyone know about antelope in Washington.
I was driving from between Spokane and Ritzville the other day and I Swear I saw a Antelope in the field just off I 90

This might not be the place but .
Does anyone know about antelope in Washington.
I was driving from between Spokane and Ritzville the other day and I Swear I saw a Antelope in the field just off I 90
Very cool! Didn't know they were up that far. That got me to do a brief internet search and it looks like the Yakamas reintroduced them to Wa.

From this page, Summary Report 2019 Pronghorn antelope abundance survey in south-central Washington | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife

"By the start of the 20th century, pronghorn antelope were extirpated from Washington. The Yakama tribe reintroduced pronghorn onto the Yakama Reservation in Washington, releasing 198 animals from 2011 to 2019. These pronghorn dispersed from their release locations and increased in abundance (Oyster et al. 2015, 2017). We conducted a third biennial aerial survey on February 6-7, 2019 in parts of Benton, Klickitat, and Yakima counties in south-central Washington, including the Yakama Reservation and private lands. The objective of the survey was to obtain a minimum population estimate for pronghorns. We counted a total of 225 pronghorns from the air and an additional 23 from ground counts, for a total minimum population estimate of 248 pronghorns. The true abundance is likely to be greater as shallow snow conditions made detecting pronghorns and ground travel difficult. However, this remains a relatively small population and there is currently no legal harvest of the species in areas under the auspices of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife or Yakama Nation. The Yakama Nation and WDFW are developing plans regarding future management for this herd."

Took this of a bird that landed on a nearby sage brush while I was Mule deer hunting in Southeastern Idaho a few years ago...

mysterybird.JPG

And this is one of a nice whitetail buck that I took from my truck in the parking lot at work...

IMG_20161130_232337150.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top