JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude that is cool!! Great pictures!

Hard to get a good angle on him. The first try he was totally hidden by leaves... digital zoom saved the day. Inexpensive Kodak EasyShare C653 camera. Still haven't bought a good cellphone with a 32MP camera.

My neighbor wanted me to kill this beauty. He didn't like it hooting near his house. o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Uh, NO!

Hard to get a good angle on him. The first try he was totally hidden by leaves... digital zoom saved the day. Inexpensive Kodak EasyShare C653 camera. Still haven't bought a good cellphone with a 32MP camera.

My neighbor wanted me to kill this beauty. He didn't like it hooting near his house. o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Uh, NO!
Owls are federally protected through the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Penalties are stiff with a fine of $100,000 or imprisonment for 5 years or both.

To legally remove it from the property or eliminate it, you must obtain a permit from US Fish and Wildlife. However, you can try to scare it off without a permit...but why would you want to do that?

Your neighbor sounds.....uhhhh nice:rolleyes:

I had an owl in a tree about a week ago. All I saw was this huge bird at dusk in a 100' tall tree that was out about 200 yards. At that distance it was a big impressive looking bird. It took a set of binoculars to see what it was.

If anyone in my area took a shot at it. I would be pissed!!!

I have owls hooting all around the yard most nights. I find it very soothing and would never think of shooting one. They also kill rodents that may otherwise find their way into you structures so they are good to have around.

Owls are federally protected through the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Penalties are stiff with a fine of $100,000 or imprisonment for 5 years or both.

To legally remove it from the property or eliminate it, you must obtain a permit from US Fish and Wildlife. However, you can try to scare it off without a permit...but why would you want to do that?

Your neighbor sounds.....uhhhh nice:rolleyes:
...or they can just call the fish & game people and they'll remove it for you.

...or they can just call the fish & game people and they'll remove it for you.

Wouldn't even think of it! As others have noted, owls are a beneficial predator and generally nice to have around... if you don't mind pooped out mice bones. ;)

Hearing hooting is a hoot! ... Unless it's outside your window for three nights in a row... Calling Wildfire, can't ya hear me callin, Wildfire!!! She's comin for me I know, and on Wildfire we're both gonna go! Oh Wildfire! Hoot hoot hoot...

To legally remove it from the property or eliminate it, you must obtain a permit from US Fish and Wildlife. However, you can try to scare it off without a permit...but why would you want to do that? :rolleyes:

Not me... I loved that bird being here!!!

The park we stayed at in Blythe on the CO river each winter during Jan-Feb (Quartzsite RV show makes that town way too crowded) had a pair of nesting owls right above our trailer... hoo they are loud, but beautiful. If you looked carefully you could see the little babies ears sticking up.

The only response my neighbor was likely to get was an armed response... if he tried to shoot it on my property... It also liked to hang around the border trees on his property... woulda been worth narc'ing on had he tried to harm it.

Tell the neighbor that the owl was there first lol.

I used to camp in a place back east that had Chuck-will's-widow that would be pretty close to camp. One night at about 3am it started up right over our tent and sounded like an AC/DC concert was in the tree.

8224196B-7410-4885-A28D-B586826AA36F.png 16F6FF73-4F10-4160-BEA7-F12868CBF619.png 9DECF67A-7143-4BE5-8226-8F569FFC31F4.png BF1ECEE2-FA6F-45DA-8967-D4DF401350B0.png 75A898F7-5A2A-453B-A8C7-FD8033D976B2.png

Wouldn't even think of it! As others have noted, owls are a beneficial predator and generally nice to have around... if you don't mind pooped out mice bones. ;)

Hearing hooting is a hoot! ... Unless it's outside your window for three nights in a row... Calling Wildfire, can't ya hear me callin, Wildfire!!! She's comin for me I know, and on Wildfire we're both gonna go! Oh Wildfire! Hoot hoot hoot...
Don't stand next to a tree with one in it, either. SOB flew down and stood on the ground right in front of me.
One hoot.
….the rest of that month was one of the worst of my life! (apparently, old indian lore - owl's are bad luck. FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY! :eek: ).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top