JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a USO MR-10 and it came with this mount:
30mm 1 piece Unimount, 1.54″ (306-317A) Link: https://www.badgerordnance.com/products/30mm-1-piece-unimount-1-54-306-317a/ It retails for $245.
2dgrx3q.jpg
But in my infinite wisdom I have recently purchased this mount with the thought that it would be nice to be able to remove the scope for storage and what not:
American Defense Ad-Recon Link:http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/5/ It retails for $190
2z8n5vm.jpg
Which mounting system would you prefer and is one really superior to the other? I like having the ability to easily remove the scope if I want to practice with my BUIS for awhile but at the same time I don't want to sacrifice the integrity of my "zero".
Comments?

Just looking at the two, I'd say the top one is going to be inherently more stable because the lower portion of the scope rings are integral to the base, whereas the bottom mount's rings rely solely on those screws to secure it to the base.

If you're looking for QD, you can always retrofit some knurled thumb wheels, or slotted nuts similar to what's on a removable A3 carry handle if you don't want to use a small wrench.

Just my two centavos.

If I can, I find friends or shops that carry one or the other type of mount Im looking for.. Ive found there are a few that are quite expensive but dont offer a better hold than another.. Just a brand name.

That being said, the QD one you purchased was the better choice.
Manufacturing wise, there should be NO reason that top mount (for $245) should cost that much, no way in hell. There are MANY like it for far less.

ADM's have been tested many many times and shown to hold zero. Price/value....ADM every time.

I'd sell that top one and not think twice. ZA-S is right, 200+ is absurd.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top