JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last year I was helping a light manufacturing facility through a massive expansion. We were trying to hire people with no experience and train them. Lower end of middle income wages to start with no experience. Phenomenal benefits from the start. Physically easy work on safe machines in a temperature controlled space.

We couldn't get people to stay and work.

They'd come and work 3 days, call in sick, and we'd never see them again. The only people we could keep working were people commuting 30+ miles from small towns where manufacturing was still respected, and legal immigrants that were married to servicemen (it was near JBLM, they were mostly Phillipinos). If not for those two groups, we'd have not been able to keep the doors open. Nobody else would work.

In '09 I worked with an engineer from Boeing on a college advisory board. He shared how he'd been in the group that fought to keep Being from moving. The decision came down to whether they could find enough people to work. He went to 18 different highschools and colleges that taught Autocad. At each one he gave a presentation on Boeing's drafting program, Catea, told them they needed drafters, and that he'd hire them if they had one single intro to Autocad class. He offered $18 an hour and benefits while they were in training, better wages after training. He handed each and every student his business card.

Not one kid called him. $18 an hour plus benefits out of highschool or with one single community college class and no one wanted it. Other people trying to recruit for other positions had similar results. Soon after Boeing moved their headquarters.

When our economy tanked, many Western WA apple growers reduced the number of legal migrant workers they "signed up" to employ (I admit to being unsure of the details of how this is regulated) in hopes of offering work to US citizens down on their luck. It proved to be a mistake. They couldn't get Americans to do the work. Many growers nearly lost their crop due to a lack of labor. The government made an exception and allowed a second batch of workers to come in later in the season to save the crop.

Our current economic problems run a lot deeper than issues with illegal immigrants, corporate greed, or politics. A very large portion of our society no longer takes pride in making things for a living. A large portion no longer takes pride in working hard. We drove our jobs overseas. We didn't want to work them. We didn't want to pay the higher prices for other Americans to make them. The problem is culture wide.

Most people on this forum will probably have trouble wrapping their head around people not wanting to work. I still have trouble with it. It's real though.

What makes me really sad is when you watch the news and you see corporate giants admitting they are sitting on capital and waiting until after the election to use it. That is playing politics with the American citizens well being. It is too easy these days for the rich to say "I am not playing until I make sure I am getting my way" while every one else suffers.
They are sitting on their money in some part because of the uncertainy this administration has created particularly related to taxes and healthcare.

Lauren Lyster is my fantasy. Smart AND hot.

She might want me to spend a lot of time my her though. Or listen to her. Or buy her stuff. Never mind!

Russia Today (RT) is just about the only news source outside of blogs that will tell you the truth anymore. Al Jazarra(?) was bought out by the bankers prior to the invasion of Iraq to stop criticism of our slaughterings. Suddenly they went from telling like it was to singing our praises as saviors. All MSM is tightly controlled by our owners.

Marc Faber says buy a 'machine gun' and a tank - LOL - I love that guy, so nice and understated but very accurate as an economist/forecaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all screwed, I never thought I would agree with Marc Faber 100%!!

But in what he had to say here, in his statement!!

I personally agree with his forecast, I heard from one person in detroit telling me that there would be a major improvement in 2014, my reply was " and just exactly how good were the drugs that, that person was taking?"

This may be something to monitor.
<broken link removed>

We'll see if it forces "Uncle Ben" to raise interest rates. If true, that will increase the cost of interest paid on all the monopoly money being printed now via Quantitative Easing (QE).

We build the greatest nation in recorded history with blood, sweat and tears over 400 years and then just give it away to invading parasites

Makes perfect sense..... in a looney bin

The printing presses at the "federal reserve" (private banking scam) are running round the clock since the faux election

Well when the majority of the people who voted for (A COMMANDER AND CHIEF THAT NEVER SERVED in the MILITARY) are living on the system, ie.. welfare food stamps then Obamacare and he'll fix it all, Who pays for it The working person the ones paying taxes and getting less no not even close to being enough to cover the deficit, just print more money and hand it away! Our health Insurance has gone to Hell , copay's, coinsurance pays , office call pays & deductibles threw the roof, less covered benefits more costs to the patient Oh..unless you don't work or work in or for the a government dept where they do less and get more for it.
Four years to what benefit, Are you better off now really wait four more we are really f$#%# and it will take years too recover whats been changed for the worst. Invest in AMERICA BUY AMERICAN made in America products before there are not any left to buy!

HEY WHO TOOK MY TWINKIE?

I am not a senior but this got on my radar. I don't know yet if it is simply hype or real. Watch to see if a National Pension concept gains traction.

<broken link removed>

Well when the majority of the people who voted for (A COMMANDER AND CHIEF THAT NEVER SERVED in the MILITARY) are living on the system, ie.. welfare food stamps then Obamacare and he'll fix it all, Who pays for it The working person the ones paying taxes and getting less no not even close to being enough to cover the deficit, just print more money and hand it away! Our health Insurance has gone to Hell , copay's, coinsurance pays , office call pays & deductibles threw the roof, less covered benefits more costs to the patient Oh..unless you don't work or work in or for the a government dept where they do less and get more for it.
Four years to what benefit, Are you better off now really wait four more we are really f$#%# and it will take years too recover whats been changed for the worst. Invest in AMERICA BUY AMERICAN made in America products before there are not any left to buy!

HEY WHO TOOK MY TWINKIE?

I believe Diebold rigged the last several elections. Most people don't want to hear it because if they believe that then there's only one box of freedom left

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top