JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The photos do not match the story. The creation date of the photos was years ago. I think this is a case of poachers wanting to brag about their manly kill. I hope someone in the area sees the story and looks into it.

Yikes!!!:s0001:
Reading the posts listed below the article it appears the story may not be true. Still...that is one big bear!

Looks like the story is false but the pics are - different place/time. But looking at the comments I have to laugh at the gal who was crying that the bear could have been tranquilized and relocated... its not his fault we are in his territory... bla bla bla.... all while looking at findmeahunt dot com... now that is a pot stirrer. I wonder if she patrols other "unsavory" topic sites to give the "I'm not opposed to hunting for food but this is barbaric" speech just waiting to see her words change the world.
I vote we drop her in this poor bear's territory with a gun to defend herself and a tranq gun and see which she chooses when the big ole griz comes to call...

the one inconsistency to ignore is the date, I never change the date on my camera, its back to the month/year it was made every time I change the batteries
but yea, facts don't tend to survive when picture goes from keepsake to chainmail

Cameras have internal clocks and update tgheir own time once they are set. Plus, downloading a file and then clicking on the files attributes will indicate the file creation date. You can also open the file with programs similar to resedit and they will tell you the date the digital file was created. Not the dat ethe pic was taken, but the date it was first loaded onto a computer. This file has a creation date way before the date of the story.

Regardless of where the bear was taken,, its a big one. Lived in the Bristol bay AK. area for awhile and can say that monsters are real and even zombies run the other way! Apex top line predators that absolutely know they are bigger and tougher than anything walking,,, including another bigger bear.

OMG. That is a beast. If I lived where they live I would be saving up for a tank.

Those claws could take you apart with one swoop.

I like the third picture,
"Snot you roll over and let uncle Clark scratch your belly"

The photos do not match the story. The creation date of the photos was years ago. I think this is a case of poachers wanting to brag about their manly kill. I hope someone in the area sees the story and looks into it.

How very cynical of you.

The story is fake, but they're not poachers.
The people you see in the pictures are hunting guides... I'll even give you their phone number...

CLICK:
Hunting in Alaska for Elk, Deer, Bear and Duck with Afognak Lodge

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews