Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why the guys up north need BIG guns!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Phillyfan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

Yikes!!!:wow:
    Reading the posts listed below the article it appears the story may not be true. Still...that is one big bear!

3. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Wow, at least it was quick for the bear. One that size would be fairly old. Better to go out in fighting trim. :)

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

The photos do not match the story. The creation date of the photos was years ago. I think this is a case of poachers wanting to brag about their manly kill. I hope someone in the area sees the story and looks into it.

5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Looks like the story is false but the pics are - different place/time. But looking at the comments I have to laugh at the gal who was crying that the bear could have been tranquilized and relocated... its not his fault we are in his territory... bla bla bla.... all while looking at findmeahunt dot com... now that is a pot stirrer. I wonder if she patrols other "unsavory" topic sites to give the "I'm not opposed to hunting for food but this is barbaric" speech just waiting to see her words change the world.
    I vote we drop her in this poor bear's territory with a gun to defend herself and a tranq gun and see which she chooses when the big ole griz comes to call...

6. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

i noticed the inconsistencies with the photos as well. The fact still remains is that it's a big bear and it does exist and that's why you need .50BMG SBR LOL.

7. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

the one inconsistency to ignore is the date, I never change the date on my camera, its back to the month/year it was made every time I change the batteries
    but yea, facts don't tend to survive when picture goes from keepsake to chainmail

8. PlayboyPenguin

The date you have set on your camera will have little effect on the creation date of the file.

9. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

PBP, in the tag in the jpg it does, if you don't edit and just copy straight from the flash card nothing will be changed, it'll still contain the same date and all other info

10. PlayboyPenguin

Cameras have internal clocks and update tgheir own time once they are set. Plus, downloading a file and then clicking on the files attributes will indicate the file creation date. You can also open the file with programs similar to resedit and they will tell you the date the digital file was created. Not the dat ethe pic was taken, but the date it was first loaded onto a computer. This file has a creation date way before the date of the story.

11. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Regardless of where the bear was taken,, its a big one. Lived in the Bristol bay AK. area for awhile and can say that monsters are real and even zombies run the other way! Apex top line predators that absolutely know they are bigger and tougher than anything walking,,, including another bigger bear.

12. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

OMG. That is a beast. If I lived where they live I would be saving up for a tank.

Those claws could take you apart with one swoop.

I like the third picture,
    "Snot you roll over and let uncle Clark scratch your belly"

13. Page.k

Page.k Seattle Active Member

14. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

How very cynical of you.

The story is fake, but they're not poachers.
    The people you see in the pictures are hunting guides... I'll even give you their phone number...

CLICK:
    Hunting in Alaska for Elk, Deer, Bear and Duck with Afognak Lodge