JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the republic that we so love that is based on the constitution and bill of rights.
Starts with the premises' that we are #1 equal and #2 that we are all free
The main preemies is also that we are free to do WHAT WE want
As long as we do not violate any one else's rights.
Now recently a guy was practicing his quick draw and the gun was loaded
He had an ND and shot through the wall of his apartment ,
Could not get any one to answer the door and called 911
To say it went off during cleaning.
Police arrive they get a key to go into the next door apartment
He tells them it was not from cleaning but from his quick draw,
They find a flat screen tv with a bullet in it across from the wall that he shot through.
While no one may have been home had some one been there he would have done,
#1 violated their right to privacy #2 threatened their right life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Since no one was home he at the least #1 violated their right to privacy
And since it was done by way of a gun , yes I believe it would be fair to say he can not have a gun.
Just like a drunk who crash's a car should not be allowed to drive.
Now as long as no one else has their rights violated or threatened ,,,,,,,
Darwin will be giving awards soon

Because people who do stupid things with guns should be judged. Notice they are judged after they do something stupid...

The gun grabbers think we're all stupid people. I'm wondering how many honest people here, who shoot/hunt regularly, can honestly say they have "never" had a negligent/accidental discharge. (I'm talking about guns.) If you raise your hand and say me, me, all I can say is your time is coming............

Then lets bring it full circle...

A firearm can easly and instantly take a life, but we shouldnt judge to quickly? And the firearms community shouldnt be the ones to judge?

It's a mighty high pedestal you put yourself on to say you should but someone else shouldn't have a gun.

I believe in holding people accountable for every round they shoot. The guy that shot his neighbors TV should have to pay for the TV, the wall repair and maybe even moving expenses if the neighbor feels the need to move as a result of his actions. But I'm not going to break out the scarlet letter and brand him a leper for life. What's the line about 'he who is without sin cast the first stone'.

It's a might high pedestal you put yourself on to say you should but someone else shouldn't have a gun.

Should I sell a handgun to an eight year old? After all I shoudnt judge...

My pedestal for my well being is very very high.

Once upon a time people policed them selves, looked out for their neighbors, spoke up when someone was being stupid. Now since we cant judge anyone we let the police, government or anyone else to save us from the idiots.

Teaching people how to make good judgement calls is the most important skill in life, why do we tell people not to?

Over the years society has decided it best to suspend the rights of some who have proven that they can't play well with others in society. They are incarcerated and have to pay a penalty for their actions. I have no problem with suspending their access to firearms as long as they are in an "Un-Rehabilitated" status. When they have paid the penalty for their actions, and have fulfilled the terms of their punishment, then they should have these rights restored, just like voting and all other rights. I also believe that the right to seek employment freely should not withheld from them.

For those that re-offend then the process should start over. At some point, there will be those who prove that they don't want to adapt to society's rules. There are some rights that may well remain suspend from them for the rest of their lives such as the right to firearms that for them merely make it easier to prey on the others in society.

Everyone starts out with these rights and their actions can also cause them to be forfeit.

The gun grabbers think we're all stupid people. I'm wondering how many honest people here, who shoot/hunt regularly, can honestly say they have "never" had a negligent/accidental discharge. (I'm talking about guns.) If you raise your hand and say me, me, all I can say is your time is coming............

ME ME ME.

The truth is, the vast majority of shooters go their entire life without a negligent discharge. But it's not very P.C. to single out the ones who have made the mistake and make them feel worse about themselves. What we end up with instead is comments like yours. Dont be proud of your attentiveness and awareness, because somehow that is worse than being proven sloppy, lazy, and/or careless.

I have never had a ND/AD. Most likely won't either.

ME ME ME.

The truth is, the vast majority of shooters go their entire life without a negligent discharge. But it's not very P.C. to single out the ones who have made the mistake and make them feel worse about themselves. What we end up with instead is comments like yours. Dont be proud of your attentiveness and awareness, because somehow that is worse than being proven sloppy, lazy, and/or careless.

Here's a straw poll from THR "The High Road" taken in 2007 on whether members had or hadn't had a ND "yet," and over 1/3 of the members admitted they had. Maybe you consider that a "vast majority" I sure don't. I'm talking about people that shoot on a regular basis year after year, just like driving your car the more you drive the better the odds you'll get in an accident, good driver or not...

yes, I have. 214... 36.15%
No, I have not. 378... 63.85%

Accidental discharge? - THR

Professional opinion?

If you look at mass killers, spree killers and serial killers, nearly all of them are drug abusers or chronic drug and alcohol users. When their actions are reported on TV, almost no one mentions the drug connection. Domestic violence has a very high relationship to drugs and alcohol and their abuse. Car accidents and deaths have a very high incidence of drug and alcohol. Unwanted children are created while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

I'm more concerned about who I deal with on a daily basis who is or was under the influence of chemicals either during our interaction or in the previous six hours, than who owns guns.

Why are we (in the gun community) so quick to judge who should or should not have guns? Isn't 'shall not be infringed' a basic premise to what we believe?

Even jokingly it irritates me to see comments in threads that someone shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

We should not be so cavalier about taking someones rights away.

Guys who make speeches like this should not be allowed to own guns...and neither should most of the rest of you weirdos. ;)

Professional opinion?

If you look at mass killers, spree killers and serial killers, nearly all of them are drug abusers or chronic drug and alcohol users. When their actions are reported on TV, almost no one mentions the drug connection. Domestic violence has a very high relationship to drugs and alcohol and their abuse. Car accidents and deaths have a very high incidence of drug and alcohol. Unwanted children are created while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

I'm more concerned about who I deal with on a daily basis who is or was under the influence of chemicals either during our interaction or in the previous six hours, than who owns guns.

Good People are Good People,
I mean even good folks on drugs & alcohol know Right from Wrong. Good People can be trusted, people whose brains are addled through insanity/or drug issues are the same people--Dangerous to themselves & others Question is, Do We really Want our Dr.'s to be able to put Us on a list? What if We are nuts?? I don't trust my Gov't or my Dr. enough to want that. I think if we can arm the majority of our society these nuts will be stopped by their neighbors--Before they do much damage

Why are we (in the gun community) so quick to judge who should or should not have guns? Isn't 'shall not be infringed' a basic premise to what we believe?

Even jokingly it irritates me to see comments in threads that someone shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

I very much agree & I think that PP is just trying to start-up some poo

Why are you lumping the gun community together with your statement? We are not all one in the same and you do us a disservice by addressing us as a group for some bad apples. We all have our rights to gun ownership until we do some stupid crime that takes them away.

Some equate gun ownership with vehicle lic. Give a man a lic doesn't mean he knows how to drive but until he does something bad he will be on the road. Just like gun owners. All gun owners are no more a group than all car owners and you have just as many losers driving vehicles as you do misshandleing guns.

jj

Here's a straw poll from THR "The High Road" taken in 2007 on whether members had or hadn't had a ND "yet," and over 1/3 of the members admitted they had. Maybe you consider that a "vast majority" I sure don't. I'm talking about people that shoot on a regular basis year after year, just like driving your car the more you drive the better the odds you'll get in an accident, good driver or not...

yes, I have. 214... 36.15%
No, I have not. 378... 63.85%

Accidental discharge? - THR

Do you honestly consider a happenstance poll on a random forum to be an accurate portrayal of all gun owners?

If you HONESTLY believe that, then there's no helping you.

A negligent discharge does not happen to everyone, most people, or anything in between. Thankfully, It's the direct result of a level of carelessness that MOST people never exhibit.
As it stands, telling others that it is certain to happen to them just comes off as an empty insult to save face.

Do you honestly consider a happenstance poll on a random forum to be an accurate portrayal of all gun owners?

If you HONESTLY believe that, then there's no helping you.

A negligent discharge does not happen to everyone, most people, or anything in between. Thankfully, It's the direct result of a level of carelessness that MOST people never exhibit.
As it stands, telling others that it is certain to happen to them just comes off as an empty insult to save face.

And just where do you derive your "facts" please elaborate...........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top