JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because an SP5 with a fixed stock would be amazing!
Not for me. A folding stock would be fine but fixed stock defeats much of the allure, functionality, and purpose of such a gun for me. My mke clone is very concealable and portable. Extended it's a great shooter.

C4E20BC6-B645-4259-9A6B-2976B793BF42.jpeg
BCE7141E-63A0-4C80-ABA7-811D864788DB.jpeg
I have a couple shoulder holsters and have even tried this method but have not perfected it yet like this guy has:

Last Edited:
No one lives ina free state anymore... just less restricted ones in some cases. Until you can walk into any gun shop and walk out in 30 minutes with a Thompson sub (like you used to be able) there is no actual "freedom".

So to your home defense or truck gun idea... again I ask why a stamped and registered SBR over a braced pistol?
Sorry....Either one is problematic in the current state of things in this 2a wasteland of a state. Should the braced pistols B.S. fall...a real possibility...that would obviously be the first choice even if SBR was an actual possibility...which it currently isn't. The only possible benefit I see to an SBR is an actual real stock but that's a very small plus and not worth the effort for all the BS an SBR entails. Now if the the NFA falls...I mean I can dream.

Last Edited:
Well I don't currently live in a free state so SBR's are not an option and AR pistols are so nuetered at this point it's hardly worth it...until a few of the pending SCOTUS cases clear out.

But if I could, I'd love to have one. I think they'd be great for home defense and for a "truck gun" on those rare occasions where I wanted something more than a pistol...like on a long road trip or something.

I would usually throw a rifle in the truck on days where I would be riding ferries up in WA since security is almost non existent on the boats, you can driver right on with WHATEVER you want, and you've got a...captive...audience for a good hour with sketchy cell service. Who needs to go after an airliner when you can drive a fan full of buddies and arms right on to a giant ferry??

But maybe I'm weird for thinking like that. YMMV.
There's also the little fact that you're not allowed to legally have a rifle with any ammunition loaded while in your car... another nice little redundant fascist law that the Washington lawmakers decided to push through.

Well I don't currently live in a free state so SBR's are not an option and AR pistols are so nuetered at this point it's hardly worth it...until a few of the pending SCOTUS cases clear out.

But if I could, I'd love to have one. I think they'd be great for home defense and for a "truck gun" on those rare occasions where I wanted something more than a pistol...like on a long road trip or something.

I would usually throw a rifle in the truck on days where I would be riding ferries up in WA since security is almost non existent on the boats, you can driver right on with WHATEVER you want, and you've got a...captive...audience for a good hour with sketchy cell service. Who needs to go after an airliner when you can drive a fan full of buddies and arms right on to a giant ferry??

But maybe I'm weird for thinking like that. YMMV.
Fyi re AR pistols, a bufferless AR such as this 10.5" brn-180 is close to the same size as full size mp5. They can be great truck guns cuz they can be fired with brace/stock folded or extended. If it had a fixed brace/stock it would feel much, much bigger and less portable.

Here is size comparison of brn-180 10.5" vs mp5 (this is .22 mp5 but identical in size to 9mm):
6C18FBDD-145C-4894-86B6-2FB93016E01D.jpeg
B060D219-75C1-49AE-AF02-0AF403CE105A.jpeg

Last Edited:
It's interesting that 85% plus percent of members said they won't get a permit to purchase but some of those members don't have a problem paying $200 to get on a federal registry for one firearm. They also don't have a problem paying for the right to carry concealed.
Being on the nfa list is holy different that a publicly available searchable database

Real length of pull versus an arbitrary limit

Not needing to constantly surf the ATF's changing positions on the dividing line between a pseudo-SBR and an acknowledged SBR

Between silencers, other NFA items, a CPL, an account on an online gun forum, and electronic ammo purchase records, there's no point in trying to pretend one isn't on the gun owner list

NFA registry has been in existence since 1934 and registered firearms have not been confiscated

California's "assault weapons" registries have been created in 1989(?), 1999, 2017, and I believe smaller specific ones in 2022, and even that hot mess has not confiscated registered "assault weapons."

No such registry should exist. Yes it is unconstitutional. But reality is that if one wanted to defy the government the government might catch you and put you in prison. Everyone has to decide if that risk is worth it.

Yes the Democrats will try to pass confiscation bills for all semi autos. They might succeed some day. They might ignore court rulings forbidding it.

I sleep just fine even after having registered my SBRs and knowing they are on a list. They have real stocks with proper butt profiles, proper length of pull, and aren't trying to fool anyone. If someone else wants to use a brace instead, great. Make your own decisions. I don't know why so many people think that others should follow the crowd and make the same choices as they do.

because bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum are silly and I like my guns being in their original barrel lengths.

and I wanted to add a stock to my pistols and it's pretty darn cool also.

In the end, with the eform1s being approved quickly, it's painless.

View attachment 1340528
It's painless until your state or the feds make them illegal and then they send storm troopers to your house to forcibly take them and threaten to kill you if you don't give them up.

It's painless until your state or the feds make them illegal and then they send storm troopers to your house to forcibly take them and threaten to kill you if you don't give them up.
you are free to live in your bunker and cook up that fantasy.

In over 25 years of NFA ownership in Oregon, I have only been bothered twice about my papers or my NFA items. Once was a retarded Tillamook Sheriff at Browns Camp and another was at my range and they didn't even look at the papers and just asked if I have them.

I know NFA owners who have had theirs for over 60 to 70 years and they were never harassed or bothered in Oregon or anywhere else.

I don't know why so many people think that others should follow the crowd and make the same choices as they do.
I'm not assuming this was at anyone in particular... but just to clear the air... im absolutely in the you do you and I'll do me boat.

I dont see the value for myself, but I am legitimately curious the value that those that have done it see.

I also struggle greatly with the blatant hypocrisy behind the whole SBR thing. This weapon is so evil and dangerous were going to make it highly illegal to own. Unless however, you give us extra money and then its completely fine. Its a damn money grab for something that should already not be an NFA item.

Last Edited:
At the time, in 1934, the tax stamp cost was cost prohibitive for the unwashed massed and common folk. But it ensured the rich and powerful could still buy them. The price was intended as a block to deter mere mortals from getting the items, not to raise money.

The $5 AOW transfer tax was apparently a signal that it was ok for some lower class taxi driver to have an Ithaca Auto & Burglar.

you are free to live in your bunker and cook up that fantasy.

In over 25 years of NFA ownership in Oregon, I have only been bothered twice about my papers or my NFA items. Once was a retarded Tillamook Sheriff at Browns Camp and another was at my range and they didn't even look at the papers and just asked if I have them.

I know NFA owners who have had theirs for over 60 to 70 years and they were never harassed or bothered in Oregon or anywhere else.
That's fine but those times are gone, look what's happening now in our country, look at the path in which were going in regard to our gun rights. And please don't think for one second that Bruen is going to have any significant bearing considering that states and other municipalities are ignoring it.

So I appreciate all you folks here and most of you that have commented are the ones I was really hoping to hear from as I respect your points and knowledge as it pertains to this thing we all share a love for.

I also appreciate the thoughts and commentaries on these other topics, but its really not why I posted the original question.

With all do respect I'd like to get back to hearing answers as they pertain to the question. Thanks guys!

OK here's a direct answer, they want to make braces illegal, they won't stop until they are included on the NFA list so you'll end up paying a $200 tax stamp for either of them and if that's the case then the hell with it; just SBR the darn thing. Have an actual stock and not a pseudo-stock to trick yourself into thinking you have an SBR...

When they take the brace away it will be VERY tempting for me as I love the idea. For me the "them knowing" means nothing. Every gun I have ever bought from a dealer the info is there, we have permits, so info is already there. I don't like the cost but the guns are fun as hell. What many don't seem to get is they are not coming door to door for guns. At least not in my lifetime. As they pass more laws most will just go along. The few hold outs are going to do what with stuff banned? Can't take it out to shoot it. Some will get caught now and then and made an example of. They will not need to go door to door. The great lock down hoax proved to them they do not need to.

OK here's a direct answer, they want to make braces illegal, they won't stop until they are included on the NFA list so you'll end up paying a $200 tax stamp for either of them and if that's the case then the hell with it; just SBR the darn thing.
Thats fair.

If that did end up coming to fruition then I still wouldn't pay a stamp for a brace or an SBR. Let's just say in the case of an AR pistol I'd just run an extension of the buffer tube (many options could be devised) and train with it as such. Again, this is me and I'm not trying to convince anyone this is the only way.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top