JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you think every citizen should be afforded a gun by the government, and training?

• Total voters
That is because I do disagree with you.

But do not suggest that I do want or am against "solutions"...'cause you would be wrong.
Andy
Well, I'm giving you a low cost solution that doesn't force anything on anyone in changing how more Americans think about guns. So I'm failing to understand what's so bad about it, other then your ideology on the matter.

when it comes to gun control, brain storming & throwing out ideas sorry to say its not wanted nor needed whatsoever we have a constitution with a second amendment and by now even the non critical thinkers can recognize WE NOT ONLY HAVE FAR TOO MANY INEFFECTIVE GUN LAWS BUT INSANE GUN LAWS (liberal gun free zones aka shooting galleries ) every new gun law is NOTHING more than a liberal attack on law abiding citizens, CRIMINALS DONT OBEY LAWS so your brainstorming for gun laws are regarded by most as merely an attack on our rights not to be infringed upon

have a great day

This thread was not about gun control or gun laws. It was a proposal for more training and familiarity with guns. More training and more familiarity can only reduce the "ooh an eeeevil gun!" factor. The brain storming was about how to approach that education. I am at least as opposed to more laws as you. Probably more and for longer. This is NOT about more gun control laws.

This thread was not about gun control or gun laws. It was a proposal for more training and familiarity with guns. More training and more familiarity can only reduce the "ooh an eeeevil gun!" factor. The brain storming was about how to approach that education. I am at least as opposed to more laws as you. Probably more and for longer. This is NOT about more gun control laws.

Glad to see some critical thought :)

Well, I'm giving you a low cost solution that doesn't force anything on anyone in changing how more Americans think about guns. So I'm failing to understand what's so bad about it, other then your ideology on the matter.

My "ideology "
Would be as I posted earlier... ( post #30 )
A elective class in firearm safety...
No politics...
Just firearm safety...
How a firearm operates...
And basic Ballistics...
Andy
*edit for spelling..."Firearm"...not "Forearm"....:D

This Is Where Your Tax Dollars Actually Go

Here's a nice little up to dated break down, plenty more you can find with a little research that shows just how much of our taxes are going to various aspects of our government including defense, debt, medical care, etc.

Why not add on making sure every legal American citizen is given a working firearm and firearm training, ideally done at a young age.

A gun in the hand of every citizen!

Sounds like a gun control law to me. I don't see a choice, I just see the OP suggesting the government "making sure" everyone has a gun and is trained to use it. That really is the same idea as taking them away, no? The government having that much power to restrict, or in this case ENFORCE gun ownership. Nope. No way. And no twice on Sundays.

Sounds like a gun control law to me. I don't see a choice, I just see the OP suggesting the government "making sure" everyone has a gun and is trained to use it. That really is the same idea as taking them away, no? The government having that much power to restrict, or in this case ENFORCE gun ownership. Nope. No way. And no twice on Sundays.
I've explained further in other comments beyond you and a few others reading into some wording, so you can obviously perceive as you please, but it isn't in any way what I'm actually suggesting.

Yea, people don't want to do a lot of things, but that generally makes for a person that isn't very well rounded, and requires others to do things for them. A good education on firearms in an educational setting is a boon to future generations that will value that education, lower gun deaths, and increase a populace of responsible gun owners. Not wanting to do something, or having the responsibility to do something usually doesn't stop people from having to do them to be a active part of society.
Firearms education, check... But I think that's as far as it should go. If the individual then chooses the path of firearms ownership, they're free to do so.

Personally I prefer smaller and less government...

I've explained further in other comments beyond you and a few others reading into some wording, so you can obviously perceive as you please, but it isn't in any way what I'm actually suggesting.

Then why did you make a thread stating exactly that? You being new and all, maybe you should reconsider your thread topics and post a little more carefully before clicking the red box. Just a suggestion.

Then why did you make a thread stating exactly that? You being new and all, maybe you should reconsider your thread topics and post a little more carefully before clicking the red box. Just a suggestion.

I think I've stated everything clearly, I can't help what others read into non explicit language. Though I do appreciate the suggestion.

Firearms education, check... But I think that's as far as it should go. If the individual then chooses the path of firearms ownership, they're free to do so.

Personally I prefer smaller and less government...

I'm all for "optional" firearms education being made available for young people. I don't believe in the government making it mandatory.

Nor do I. As I've said multiple times clarifying for those that seem confused, It should be an optional public service.

Your OP and thread topic never said anything about it being "optional". Around these parts, you need to be clear and concise of your thread topic. Otherwise its just back peddling.

Your OP and thread topic never said anything about it being "optional". Around these parts, you need to be clear and concise of your thread topic. Otherwise its just back peddling.

It's having a discussion, it's fielding for input, and asking to help create a well rounded idea to make it work. It's a brainstorm of an idea that I think would be a great public service.

So is this thread a "brainstorm" for "solutions" and ideas ...or as the Poll states...
A thread about the government affording a gun and training to US citizens...?

Those are two vastly different topics.
Andy

So is this thread a "brainstorm" for "solutions" and ideas ...or as the Poll states...
A thread about the government affording a gun and training to US citizens...?

Those are two vastly different topics.
Andy

And it evolved by people putting in their opinions. Everyone helped me to mold a more substantial idea of a public service. Thanks for that by the way!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top