JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you think every citizen should be afforded a gun by the government, and training?

• Total voters
I don't know that we always want popular posts. Brainstorming works by throwing out ideas. Yeah some of them may be stupid but if they cause us to stop and reconsider, it might be worthwhile. I've seen this work in an engineering design environment. Lots of ideas on the chalk board. Some wild, some stupid, many in jest. Good things resulted.

Glad to have your contribution, sir. It's really spot on. It's all about ideas. And unfortunately a lot of people seem to want me to be the kind of person expecting this to be forced on people, but I'm not :). I'm a gun lover that thinks there are ways we can better educate, arm, and assure our 2a right. Being popular is an empty achievement.

Heh, I'm too old to care for popularity.

As I said it would only cost a small cut to a pre existing program, or set of military equipment so the argument you'll be paying more taxes is moot.

Sorry try again, the amount of taxes the hardworking American worker pays has trended upward ever since a national income tax was inacted. With each subsequent government program their inevitably becomes an additional expense to the American taxpayer.

When you factor in the ways that the American worker is taxed. It's astounding.

I'm not even done talking about how incompetent the government is at managing anything. How about social security, another fiscal failure that is the biggest government controlled Ponzi scheme ever and is currently insolvent.

I imagine the job would be contracted out to retired military personal hoping to mix those skills with being a public educator. Sorry to hear your cynicism with our retired veterans.

Well, as I said hopefully there would be a military contract for major manufacturers to assure quality guns.

Being a veteran doesn't make someone an expert on anything but what they were trained to do, and sometimes that's not the case either. Just like many in the LEO community, carrying a gun doesn't make you an expert.

So don't get it twisted.

Sorry try again, the amount of taxes the hardworking American worker pays has trended upward ever since a national income tax was inacted. With each subsequent government program their inevitably becomes an additional expense to the American taxpayer.

When you factor in the ways that the American worker is taxed. It's astounding.

I'm not even done talking about how incompetent the government is at managing anything. How about social security, another fiscal failure that is the biggest government controlled Ponzi scheme ever and is currently insolvent.

We disagree, but I value your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Being a veteran doesn't make someone an expert on anything but what they were trained to do, and sometimes that's not the case either. Just like many in the LEO community, carrying a gun doesn't make you an expert.

So don't get it twisted.

But there are experts, and those that teach firearm, so I'm sure there will be people to fill the jobs, or be taught to fill the jobs properly.

I find it's easy to imagine those that are experts sharing that expertise to help train teachers for this line of education.

I think you're twisting that you don't want this, to it's not possible.

So don't get it twisted.

Also the way the military wanted or needed someone to do something may work great for the military or in a combat zone...but that same technique may not work so well outside in the civilian world...
Andy

Also the way the military wanted or needed someone to do something may work great for the military or in a combat zone...but that same technique may not work so well outside in the civilian world...
Andy

I think we have some pretty smart people in the military, and in education. I have no doubt they could figure out a curriculum of firearm training for the civilian population. A little hard work, and brainstorming goes a long way with a group of talented people trying for a mutual goal.

Ignoring for the moment that the government getting involved with anything is almost guaranteed to be a disaster for all involved, one can choose not to exercise a right. The free exercise clause, for example, is one millions exercise every week, while millions of others opt not to. More power to them.

That said, it is too bad that more military arms can't be surplused out to law-abiding citizens. The taxpayer already ponied up the dough, so cheap or free arms to clubs and individuals would be nice. Alas, the "once a machine-gun, always a machine-gun" interpretation of NFA34 puts the kibosh on much of that. Heck, it was a many years long congressional fistfight to get WWII-era 1911s finally released via CMP. Which brings us back to the original point that much of what .gov does is going to end in a mess.

LOL, thinking training and of my time in the military. Some great instructors o_O really. I've often wished I had a recording of the Gunnery Sergeant who taught the class on the cycle of operation of the M14 Rifle. Made a parallel to dating. The first operation was "feeding"... You might imagine where it went from there :rolleyes: We remembered!
Then there was the day heading out to the grenade range. To quote one of my Drill Instructors "some of you privates aren't going to be with us after today". I think it raised the overall level of attentiveness.:)

But there are experts, and those that teach firearm, so I'm sure there will be people to fill the jobs, or be taught to fill the jobs properly.

I find it's easy to imagine those that are experts sharing that expertise to help train teachers for this line of education.

I think you're twisting that you don't want this, to it's not possible.

I guess its possible. I'd be totally for incorporating actual gun safety classes in school. If we can teach kids how to use rubbers, I'm sure we could at least teach them about guns.

Instead of giving people guns, I would just rather .gov not try to take the ones I have. Let us make our choices and litter the internet with dumb 9mm is great threads.

I guess its possible. I'd be totally for incorporating actual gun safety classes in school. If we can teach kids how to use rubbers, I'm sure we could at least teach them about guns.

Instead of giving people guns, I would just rather .gov not try to take the ones I have. Let us make our choices and litter the internet with dumb 9mm is great threads.

Yes, totally possible.

I think we have some pretty smart people in the military, and in education. I have no doubt they could figure out a curriculum of firearm training for the civilian population. A little hard work, and brainstorming goes a long way with a group of talented people trying for a mutual goal.

Again... I am not saying that military folks are not "smart"...I was in the military myself..so don't go there with me.
I was simply saying that just because you are a veteran , does not mean that you are expert or a capable teacher....along with the notion that what works for the military is not always best for the civilian world.

Do not twist my words or meaning....
Andy

I don't know that we always want popular posts. Brainstorming works by throwing out ideas. Yeah some of them may be stupid but if they cause us to stop and reconsider, it might be worthwhile. I've seen this work in an engineering design environment. Lots of ideas on the chalk board. Some wild, some stupid, many in jest. Good things resulted.

when it comes to gun control, brain storming & throwing out ideas sorry to say its not wanted nor needed whatsoever we have a constitution with a second amendment and by now even the non critical thinkers can recognize WE NOT ONLY HAVE FAR TOO MANY INEFFECTIVE GUN LAWS BUT INSANE GUN LAWS (liberal gun free zones aka shooting galleries ) every new gun law is NOTHING more than a liberal attack on law abiding citizens, CRIMINALS DONT OBEY LAWS so your brainstorming for gun laws are regarded by most as merely an attack on our rights not to be infringed upon

have a great day

Again... I am not saying that military folks are not "smart"...I was in the military myself..so don't go there with me.
I was simply saying that just because you are a veteran , does not mean that you are expert or a capable teacher....along with the notion that what works for the military is not always best for the civilian world.

Do not twist my words or meaning....
Andy

I heard what you said the first time. You seem to not be hearing me. I'm giving solutions to what just feels like you disagree with wanting it.

when it comes to gun control, brain storming & throwing out ideas sorry to say its not wanted nor needed whatsoever we have a constitution with a second amendment and by now even the non critical thinkers can recognize WE NOT ONLY HAVE FAR TOO MANY INEFFECTIVE GUN LAWS BUT INSANE GUN LAWS (liberal gun free zones aka shooting galleries ) every new gun law is NOTHING more than a liberal attack on law abiding citizens, CRIMINALS DONT OBEY LAWS so your brainstorming for gun laws are regarded by most as merely an attack on our rights not to be infringed upon

have a great day

You have a great day too :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews