JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
again, why slam poly?? (note: glock poly is not the same as kel-tec abs crap, or whatever they use, ie havent seen any cracked glock frames)[/QUOTE]

No doubt, Kel-tec is junk! Glocks are way better but they aren't without problems either. Glocks do crack, look it up on the internet. No magic answer here! Do what works for you. As for me. . . .Sig Sauer all the way!
Glock21FrameCloseUp_640x480.gif

CrackedGlock1.jpg

again, why slam poly?? (note: glock poly is not the same as kel-tec abs crap, or whatever they use, ie havent seen any cracked glock frames)

No doubt, Kel-tec is junk! Glocks are way better but they aren't without problems either. Glocks do crack, look it up on the internet. No magic answer here! Do what works for you. As for me. . . .Sig Sauer all the way!
Glock21FrameCloseUp_640x480.gif

CrackedGlock1.jpg [/QUOTE]

That looks like overpressure rounds and resulting kabooms. Likely not the fault of the weapon. Glocks are a quality weapon and I have never had a failure with one that was not operator error. I've owned 4 or them, 3 still in my collection. One guy at glocktalk.com has a million plus rd online torture test underway (he's way past 1 million by now) and he has abused, tortured his G21 in ways no normal handgun will ever see, including tossing it out of an airplane hundreds of feet over fields, repeatedly. It's still perking ! Try that with your Kel Tec, or for that matter, a 1911 !

No comparison to Kel Tec

Nice Pics GUNNER3456

I have these pics from an internet thread.

YOU'LL NOTICE THAT THE OVERPRESSURE JUST BLEW OUT THE GRIP ON THE SIG RATHER THAN DESTROYING THE GUN LIKE KEL-TEC IS FAMOUS FOR!! LOL!

Nice Pics GUNNER3456

I have these pics from an internet thread.

YOU'LL NOTICE THAT THE OVERPRESSURE JUST BLEW OUT THE GRIP ON THE SIG RATHER THAN DESTROYING THE GUN LIKE KEL-TEC IS FAMOUS FOR!! LOL!

What does that have to do with the OP, Kel Tecs, or the clear fact that any gun can blow?

I had a P3AT, and I now have a PF-9. (My name is Gunner and I'm a Glock owner, too.) :D

I've never had a malfunction, although I admit I don't put thousands of rounds through them. That's not what they are for, for me. I probably put 500 rounds through each, just getting the feel of them.

I feel OK with the PF-9 although I carry a Glock 23 as often as clothing will allow which is most of the time. Part of that is caliber preference and part is knowing the Glock is a better gun.

How come none of the other "quality" manufacturers couldn't make a gun as light and concealable until keltec did? Until ruger ripped off KT, you either had to settle for something with a steel frame that weighed almost twice as much, or carry something far less useful like a derringer or mini revolver. S&W J-frames are more reliable, but also far heavier than a KT32 or 380, and cost a lot more too. Kahr, seecamp, and all the rest of the other guns are either heavier, bigger, or more expensive than keltec. The company has did more for conceal carry than pretty much any other company. They're a niche manufacturer for sure, but their guns fill the niche well I think.

How come none of the other "quality" manufacturers couldn't make a gun as light and concealable until keltec did? Until ruger ripped off KT, you either had to settle for something with a steel frame that weighed almost twice as much, or carry something far less useful like a derringer or mini revolver. S&W J-frames are more reliable, but also far heavier than a KT32 or 380, and cost a lot more too. Kahr, seecamp, and all the rest of the other guns are either heavier, bigger, or more expensive than keltec. The company has did more for conceal carry than pretty much any other company. They're a niche manufacturer for sure, but their guns fill the niche well I think.

I imagine that the available technology is not yet able to make such a weapon marketable at this time for a reasonable $$ and that Kel Tec simply pushed the envelope into failure

Failure? KT is the third largest handgun manufacturer in the U.S.

If all you KT bashers wanna send me some .32acp ammo, I'll shoot mine till it breaks or blows up, and will post the results here. I've got a feeling it'll take a lot of shooting for that to happen though.

Failure? KT is the third largest handgun manufacturer in the U.S.

If all you KT bashers wanna send me some .32acp ammo, I'll shoot mine till it breaks or blows up, and will post the results here. I've got a feeling it'll take a lot of shooting for that to happen though.

One very experienced KT poster on a gun forum said:

There are three kinds of Kel Tec owners:

1) Those whom have not yet experienced a severe failure, but will

2) Those who have experienced failures and have finally corrected them

3) Those who have experienced repeated failures and cannot make the weapon function, whatsoever

You can find posts online bashing everything from raven to blaser. Everyone makes lemons from time to time, and I seriously doubt KT puts out anymore lemons percentage wise than any other companies in that price range.

And if any of you haters know of a gun that's as lightweight, compact, reliable, and affordable as my P32, I'd like to hear it. I'm loyal to no brand, and will carry whatever best fits my CC needs.

well, in my earlier post on this thread... i was going for supporting poly, not kel tec's magic mix, but others... i wasnt figuring on blatant over loading of ammo, or using incorrect ammo... like someone else said, kel tec just seems better at failing, when any gun can, theyre machines too.

Favoring revolvers I carried a snubby for years. It was annoying due to width and weight and was left at home most of the time at first then I just got tired of dealing with it. I'm only 5' 4" and 155lbs.
I've not carried in several years and sold that snubby. So yesterday I bought a PF-9. Took it home and all mating surfaces of the slide, barrel and ramp are well buffed. It sure needed it. Tomorrow I'll take it out and test it. If I can find some sort of hollowpoints tomorrow I will fire those too. I see no reason at this point why this gun shouldn't be reliable, at least this particular gun.
To me the quality of the machined surfaces are sub par. As for it being reliable I want to find out for myself. I've read what I can. I had borrowed a friend's P11 which worked fine other than being difficult to control.
The reason I bought a Kel Tec PF-9 besides being light and thin was price. I like quality products but have not worked in over a year so I figure it is better to have a Kel Tec with me than nothing. If it doesn't do well tomorrow, first time out, I'll sell it on here tomorrow. It shouldn't need a break in anymore. And I also figured it's better to have a Kel Tec than no gun at all.

P32 and P3AT have been flawless. Carried daily, shot alot. No failures.

My friends 9mm has been the same.

Inexpensive, reliable, durable. Some people always have a problem with a good product. Maybe if it said Mercedes, BMW or Lexus they would buy it! All that glitters is not Colt.

I'm still waiting for one of you haters to tell me who makes a gun that's as light, small, affordable, and reliable as a keltec.

And if any of you haters are in the Gold Beach area, I'll let you shoot as much standard pressure factory ammo through my P32 as you want so you can prove to me what a piece of crap it is. If anything major breaks on it or if it fails to perform with a reasonable amount of reliability within 2k rounds, I'll give you my keltec.

You have to buy the ammo of course.

My posts are only based on the .32/.380, I know nothing of the 9mm KT.

If your decision/criteria is based on cheap/little/light (jury seems out on "reliable") you probably cant beat one, its the gun for you!

I think part of the rub here is not if you could find a cheaper/lighter/smaller handgun... its..WHY?

If fighting for your life (with a paltry handgun) the question remains... would you like a SMALLER handgun or a BIGGER one?

I'm still waiting for one of you haters to tell me who makes a gun that's as light, small, affordable, and reliable as a keltec.

And if any of you haters are in the Gold Beach area, I'll let you shoot as much standard pressure factory ammo through my P32 as you want so you can prove to me what a piece of crap it is. If anything major breaks on it or if it fails to perform with a reasonable amount of reliability within 2k rounds, I'll give you my keltec.

You have to buy the ammo of course.

Don't hate Kel Tecs, but don't like them for carrying. As I said earlier, I got rid of mine and got a Kahr PM9. The difference in size and weight, (the PM9 is still very small) is more than offset by the Kahrs trigger, reliability, and caliber, even though it cost $$250.00 more. In addition, I was a much better shot with the Kahr immediately than I was with the PF-9 after 500 rounds, so it just doesn't add up for me to compromise on my carry gun when I don't have to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top