JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Geezeohman!! You guys rap the little pocket polys everychance you get it seems. These are'nt range rental guns. They work famously for what they are designed for. Last ditch backup or last minute thought "I'd better go out the door with some kind of firearm at least. Mine fits inside my body armor and is nearly undetectable. Hope I never need it, but it's there if I do and I know it shoots. Greydog.:s0155:

Stay away from Glocks and Kel Tecs. Even though they are among the best selling guns in the country, they go kaboom every time you pull the trigger. Every time.

When will people ever learn? :)

I've got a PF9 I carry at home in my coat pocket when I go to the shop or feed cows or what ever outside. It's always worked great except when it gets a lot of hay chaff in it. I check it more often since I found this problem.

LOL... yes, I have bucked many a bale in my youth, it is most definately one of the most invasive substances on the planet... how the stuff managed to get through my boots and inside my socks to be packed around and in between my toes still leaves me in wonderment! :D

I've put about 300 rounds through my p11 and the only FTFs I have experienced were my fault--my reloaded hollow points weren't hot enough(changed powder but not the charge) and so the slide wasnt getting blown back far enough to get the next round. Same thing happened with these reloads in my high power and my brother-in-laws glock.

With factory loads my p11 has been 100% reliable. The trigger is crap, but its better with a small trigger mod and a snap cap and several hundred trigger pulls. All in all it's fine for what I bought it for--small, hi-cap in 9x19.

you tards can slam keltec all you want, and yes i had some issues with my 3at, when to the facotry twice before i had faith that it would go bang when needed.
looks cheap maybe,
Feels cheap, it is plastic did you expect the feel of fine leather?

It is a very accurate gun even in quick fire excercises. I know i goes bang.
The real test. Do you want to stand in front of it or behind it?

I usually carry a P3A-T as a back up to my Kimber or Glock and love it. Just disappears in my pocket, even with the CT Laser on it.

Shooting 8"x8" plates off hand at 30-40ft is actually pretty easy. Not that I would use it at those ranges but it's good to know it's at least MGB(Minute of Bad Guy) accurate.

So far the two I've owned have been 100% reliable, even with hollow points.

It's not a gun for everyone but for those that have and carry them, seem to like them a lot.

KT's customer service reputation is awesome and I like that, though I've never had to use it personally.

Guns are not suppossed to be comfortable...they are suppossed to be comforting.

If I have to get someone off me... I would really prefer more umph to make my point. just my .02, I know why people buy them, but for just a few dollars more... J frame or Kahr......Its great that KT has awesome customer service... hopefully rolling around on the ground with someone trying to kill you, the KT techie will get your system up to speed in a hurry, like the verizon wireless commercial...

I dont even want to touch the "I dont shoot it much (as not to break it) but carry it daily to save my....(or god forbid someone else's) life with it" thought process... The logic here is simply beyond me.

Kel-Tecs as backups?

And truly if it is your last ditch... would you like it to be smaller or BIGGER than the main systems that have already failed? In order for you to have gotten down to the Keltec..from say an AR/shotgun to full size pistol..... a lot of things had to go SERIOUSLY wrong... and if your life is anything like mine...when Murphy strikes, he does it in spades. Seen too many of them fail on LEO backup quals to buy one.... My very favorite was a guy who had one in .32. He shot his g-27, then the .32, and it came apart in his hands after stoppages. He looked at it and quit the pistol right there. I praised him.

Better than nothing....but you can do better, just takes a few more dollars and a little commitment to self preservation.

Guns are not suppossed to be comfortable...they are suppossed to be comforting.

I've gotten several Kel-Tecs over the years, mostly P11s. Got a P32 some years back. Bad decision. Tried at the range and kept getting FTF. Found that the .32 rim is larger than the case, and it tends to get hooked behind the round under it. The top round would not strip off the stack.
Got rid of it and vowed never to get another .32. Bought the P3AT. That backs up my P11. Never got a P-40, But, I do like my PL-16 even though I haven't fired it yet.
I met the test shooter at Kel-Tec and found he fires about 50,000 rounds a week. You should see his hands!
I was carrying the P3AT on the belt clip on the right side one day.The clip was outside the belt. It caught on the seat of my Mercedes, punctured the leather and broke off the pistol. The gun came out and stayed on the seat, so I sat on it. It felt funny as I drove. When I got out, there it was. Kel-Tec sent a new belt clip no charge. Great service. :)
You guys can slam them if you wish. I will applaud them for a value product.
And, I ain't Islam!

I'm sure this will step on a few toes but Kel Tecs have a horrible rep and I would never bet my life on one. For less money you can buy one of the larger but excellent CZ82/CZ83 surplus pistols

Stay away from Glocks and Kel Tecs. Even though they are among the best selling guns in the country, they go kaboom every time you pull the trigger. Every time.

When will people ever learn? :)

ok.... i sort of see the kel-tec slamming.... but why the glock? i have a gen 1 glock 17 that has stove piped 2 -3 times in the 10 years that i have been taking it out.... ive heard the whining and crying about how it doesnt fit your hand etc.... im damn near a midget and it works very well and comfortably in mine.... just as comfortable as my 1911a1 for all of you glock haters who might have otherwise said: "oh, thrown the glock away and try a 1911" i love them both... but if i had to chose 1 only and forever... i know that the glock would never fail, and the 1911 could if it were dropped or something that could bend the hammer etc... again, why slam poly?? (note: glock poly is not the same as kel-tec abs crap, or whatever they use, ie havent seen any cracked glock frames)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top