JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled across this...found it well said

People ask WHY?
Why I Carry a Gun
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the
world and the necessity to protect myself from it.
I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the constitutional limitations of government.
I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
myself for failing to be prepared to protect my family and property.
I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and
not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
I don't carry a gun just because I'm constitutionally guaranteed this right.
I carry a gun because history has proven it to be the final defense against
a tyrannical, oppressive, police state-type of government.
I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a superior person.
I carry a gun because only those prepared know how to take care
of themselves and the ones they love.
I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because being unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
inadequate and probably get killed.
I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
to me.
Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to give up my liberty and freedom.
.....author unknown

Ok-typo-Jammer is a LEO and I personally do not think LEO should be running around afraid. Concerend, aware are terms that I think would be better words to be used by LEO than afraid.

James Ruby

As LEO in the 80's I took some people into custody including 2 homicide suspects. Never shot my sidearm on the job, but never went to work without it. As a civilian I was cornered in a situation where I would've been beaten badly, perhaps worse. Showed a 1911 to the bad guys and they left me alone.

Besides my varied personal attractions to all kinds of cool weapons, I regard the carry gun as a tool. I train with them, and I usually carry one with me because there are way too many oxygen bandits out there with no regard for anyone or anything beyond their own shortsighted whims. I hope I never need to shoot it.

There are only a few people that know that I carry. When asked "Why do you carry a gun?" my response is "because you never know when one might come in handy" and I leave it at that.

I carry a gun because I'm afraid.

If you're not a cop or a soldier, the rest is arm-waving.

haha-avengers262.jpg

I have carried on person from the first day of LEO training back in the early 80's until today,
I do not carry because I am afraid but to each his own, I will never judge about why a person carries.
Carrying is justified one can not predict the insanity of others including police. I do not see a gun as equalizer I see
it as a last resort.

Why do I carry, because I know I will never regret that I carried one, but may regret that I didn't plain and simple.

I'll happily crib what someone else said on another post here (don't remember which one): I carry a gun cause I can't fit a cop in my pocket.

Great post.

I have carried a gun since November 8, 1981 at 2:08am when I was robbed at shotgun-point by some POS, doped out idiot that walked through the shop back door that a coworker forgot to lock. I swore I would NEVER be in that position again.

Having drawn my weapon 17 times to stop a crime in progress since then (I spent a lot of time in crappy areas late at night) and never firing a shot, I know it is my obligation to protect those around me. Family, friends, police officers and total strangers have benefited from me being armed when things went pear-shaped.

I know for a fact, based on experience, that I can function under extreme and life-threatening stress and possess the skills, training and mental faculties to use a weapon when and if needed. So far, I haven't had to use lethal force and hope I never have to. But let's face it; hope is not a strategy so I come prepared.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top