JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if the sale is priced right then the buyers will seek it out (it is an election year)..... The state of the economy is concerning, thus peeps want to keep as much cash on hand as possible.

either the prices are too high or it is simply a gun or guns that nobody on here is interested in!!! or a combination of both! Just because Joe Chilibowl blew $1,500 on his turbo tactical desert tan rifle does not mean that Joe Chilidog wants to pay him $1,325 for it, being used and all and not even "built" or "customized" to Mr Chilidogs desires in the first place!

with all sillyness aside, some folks just ask so much for a gun that it offends people. I'd say at least 90% of people buying out of the classifieds are very up to date on current prices and when they see a Norinco SKS in a POS folding stock with two or three of those retarded looking duckbill magazines for $600, not only do they know better but they also get offended.

Do you really want to actually sell your firearms?

Go to gunbroker, look at the COMPLETED sales, look at what ACTUALLY SOLD, and for what price, do not look at what is being ASKED, look at what is being PAID for in completed sales.

OK, now you know what your firearm is probably worth. Put in a very complete discription including flaws, take good pictures, including pictures of the flaws, put in auction format, and ask half of what the last one sold for.

You weapon will sell, and what you get for it will be market. (probably really close to the same item sold at auction the last time one was offered.

If you don't like that, don't complain about it not selling.

I have sold things at aution before, (not firearms, I just don't sell firearms, I only buy) I have done better in an auction than I expected, and I have done worse than I expected...it is a risk you have to be willing to take if you actually want to sell something.

I've sold probably five handguns in the last year. Three of them were like new, barely fired Berettas (92A1, 84FS, and a Tomcat 3032). They all went for maybe $100-$150 less than I thought was what they were worth. But if you really need to sell, you have to realize that they're only worth what people are willing to pay for them. The ads are full of used guns that you can easily go online to a place like Buds Gun Shop who offers free shipping and, even with the transfer fee, get a new model of the used one being advertised at the same or lower price. I just accept the loss as part and parcel of the process of trying out new toys. My loss really is someone else's gain, especially if it's a gun they've been looking for. I don't ever, ever sell problem guns, though. One of those in a mad buyer's hands is enough to get you negative publicity to the point you'll never sell another one.

Do you really want to buy a firearm from the government?

Every gun you buy from a FFL is the same as buying the gun from the ATF.

Every firearm sold on this site is worth twice what you pay the government. No computer file, no trail that you have the firearm.

It is your decision but I would rather not have the government know what I buy and sell. The United Nations will be doing computer searches as soon as the treaty is signed. Lets make it more difficult.

IMHO.

Howdy, 19Adam,

Don't fool yourself... If a guy has bought only one firearm via an FFL, he's tagged already as a firearm owner, (or potential thereof) past and/or present

Yep. In the state of Washington, when you buy a gun through an FFL the Department of Licensing has you on record as owning that firearm......a de facto form of registration.

Seems like there is no shortage of 'common' guns for sale IE. Glocks and all the variants by other manufacturers yet the asking prices stay high. Doesn't make sense unless the sellers (and this is an old story) are simply holding out for the FTF buyer who wants to avoid registration - for whatever reason.

Face it, you're going to take a hit selling a used gun IF that gun is still on the market new. Most people want a goodly discount to take the perceived risk of a gun with possibly something wrong that doesn't have factory warranty anymore etc.

Where used guns shine is the opportunity to get something that's no longer produced. The trend in modern guns seems to be toward all the same thing. AR variants, Glock variants, etc. To get something different and interesting frequently means the used market. There are a lot of very interesting pre-loved guns out there. The quality and workmanship on a lot of older stuff exceeds most new production. Just have to find examples that haven't been owned by animals and beaten to death.

Many times sellers want to get their money back from all the 'extras' they put into it, new trigger, stainless guiderod, etc. Most buyers won't see the value on these parts, so they $$ over new that most sellers want- makes no sense.

I am inclined to think the economy has something to do with. One can infer from my feedback store that I've bought/sold/traded quite a few things on this site. My prices have always been fair, and I can recall only one instance in which I've ever sold something for equal of what I paid for it (otherwise, it's always been less, that is just the reality most of the time). I've almost never had to bump an ad. In recent weeks, it seems things have changed, first off, it is taking much longer to get things sold, and secondly I am getting a lot more trade offers than I ever used to, the trade offers all seem to be fair from the perspective of monetary value, so I don't think I have an inflated idea of my guns' value, to me that suggests people do have less money that they're able to spare.

I have to admit I am pretty amused by folks that bump the same ad for half a year without it occurring to them that what they're selling and what they're selling it for don't match up in the eyes of would-be buyers.

Do you really want to actually sell your firearms?

Go to gunbroker, look at the COMPLETED sales, look at what ACTUALLY SOLD, and for what price, do not look at what is being ASKED, look at what is being PAID for in completed sales.

OK, now you know what your firearm is probably worth. Put in a very complete discription including flaws, take good pictures, including pictures of the flaws, put in auction format, and ask half of what the last one sold for.

You weapon will sell, and what you get for it will be market. (probably really close to the same item sold at auction the last time one was offered.

If you don't like that, don't complain about it not selling.

I have sold things at aution before, (not firearms, I just don't sell firearms, I only buy) I have done better in an auction than I expected, and I have done worse than I expected...it is a risk you have to be willing to take if you actually want to sell something.

Some stuff on GB isn't selling either. I did a search for Ruger SR9c and got 2 pages and only 4 items had bids.

Some stuff on GB isn't selling either. I did a search for Ruger SR9c and got 2 pages and only 4 items had bids.

What that shows is there are a lot of dealers out there that are asking too much also don't you think?

When you take 15%-20% of the potential market out of the loop because of financial problems,,,it effects everything.

Do you have more info on this? That's a new one to me.

When you are at a traffic stop, and the officer runs your drivers license, he also receives if you hold a CPL and what weapons you have purchased from a licensed dealer in the state, by type and SN.

Not to worry about it...it has been my experience that they do not misuse this information. Since 1970, I have never been asked for my CPL, or if I was armed...even when OC'ing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top