JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been sitting on two quality firearms for months now. I am sure they would go if I dramatically lowered the price, but shoot one is listed at half the value of new. Is it just my experience or has it been hard to move hunting rifles and shotguns?

The economy is pretty bad for a lot of folks and we are also experiencing stagflation, that is stagnant sales but increasing prices at the same time. With the dollar loosing value, the price of Japan made guns is going up, but people can't afford em. It's hard to buy a new used shotgun when you're loosing your house.

Its defintaly a buyers market.. I looked at some of your adds.. and the .234 lever gun add is from april.. so Its not getting a whole lot of exposure.. and It looked like you had some interest.. but nothing local..

Like others said the economy is still rough for people.

I overheard a salesman in NWA telling a customer that used gun sales/prices were down. And that new gun sales were up. I have seen some really good prices on a few used guns. I think it depends on how popular the gun is in the current market.

Rifles and shotguns do take some time to sell because they're built for a specific purpose like hunting/skeet shooting. HD shotguns sell relatively quick and black rifles do well too. Took me awhile to sell my Benelli Nova and even then i took a huge hit. Learned my lesson :)

Honestly they sold a Winchester X2 universal brand new for 799 over on Guns America versus a gun that has been hunted for 3 years. I only responded because you asked. I know that you have add ons but not everyone wants those or even need them.

I often wonder why I have problems selling a pistol for what I consider a low price only to see the same model of pistol come on line for sale at twice the price - I wonder how they think that they can get get twice what I was asking. Maybe they know more than I do.

James Ruby

I see posts daily in the classifieds there that I would jump at if I only had the money. But I don't. And sometimes the prices are so good I almost shed a tear because I know it is a great deal and then I see the same post a week later when bumped and the person asking something like, "...anyone?" And it makes me sit there and want to scream out - "I WOULD TAKE IT IF I COULD!!!"

I've seen a couple classifieds recently that I would have purchased if they had been closer to my location, but driving to their locations would have added $100 to the price just in gas, which made them non-competitive vs buying new. I finally gave up and purchased what I wanted new. So fuel prices are not insignificant.

Also, it seems like a lot of people who are buying are buying for more common calibers. Then, too, I think some sellers discount from what they paid for a firearm new, but current new prices of the same firearm have come down or are at least available on special for significantly less.

The economy is pretty bad for a lot of folks and we are also experiencing stagflation, that is stagnant sales but increasing prices at the same time. With the dollar loosing value, the price of Japan made guns is going up, but people can't afford em. It's hard to buy a new used shotgun when you're loosing your house.
What "Japan made" guns are you talking about? I don't think I've seen a new gun from Japan lately.

On a daily basis I can search the classifieds on this sight, find a used firearms at a certain price then within seconds find it substantially cheaper brand new. I think some people may be getting tired of sifting through all the garbage in an attempt to find a reasonably priced gun.

I wasn't going to specifically bring up my personal guns. However, one is completely unavailable new and one of the best autos ever produced. There is one in the same model and condition for auction on guns america for $779. The other is up for less than 60% msrp of a new one. I have not been as aggressive the last months and that is why I probably still have them. Th timing is a definite factor. I was hoping for just general observations and trying to see if others were experience a similar market for used guns.

Hate to break it to you, but that's not stagflation. Inflation was most recently recorded at just below 4%. However, that discussion could be for another thread. :s0155:

The explanation is rooted in expendable income. As most everyone on the board will attest, they have seen their expendable income decrease in the last decade. OP already knows the answer to his own question, just need to sell at a loss and move on. If it's a good enough deal, someone will come along and snatch it up!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews