JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Kahr MK40 with ammo, a Remington 788 that's scoped, bedded, and floated, with ammo, some 41 mag ammo, and an SKB lockable 4 gun case for sale on here and haven't had much traffic. I've tried to be fair in the pricing, and think all the listings are at least fair, maybe even good deals. But nothing moves. Is the market that stagnant, or are my prices too high? I'm not going to give them away, and am not looking to take anyone, or be taken. I seek and appreciate reasonable feedback. If my prices are out of line, I'd like to know. If it's just a soft market, that's fine too. I'm just curious. My ads are listed below. Thanks in advance.

WTS OR - SKB 4 gun case with wheels, locks

WTS/WTT OR - Remington 788 in 22-250

WTS/WTT OR - 41 magnum ammo

WTS OR - Kahr MK40

It's the market I think, plus a lot of folks got "set" pre-election.

Those that are shopping, have noticed pricing tank (AR market as an example), and are shopping/spending accordingly.

Shux I've had a nice Walther 9mm range package priced fair up a year no bites. I'm not motivated enough to bump it, nor re-evaluate pricing on it though either, so there is that.

Me also. I ask $too much$. Our economic reality right now dictates lower asking prices. The last Saiga 12 shotgun I sold with all the goodies, accessories and widgets sold for $LESS THAN ONE HALF$ what I had in it. But ... I really wanted another gun. :(

All 922(r) rules apply.

I have a Kahr MK40 with ammo, a Remington 788 that's scoped, bedded, and floated, with ammo, some 41 mag ammo, and an SKB lockable 4 gun case for sale on here and haven't had much traffic. I've tried to be fair in the pricing, and think all the listings are at least fair, maybe even good deals. But nothing moves. Is the market that stagnant, or are my prices too high? I'm not going to give them away, and am not looking to take anyone, or be taken. I seek and appreciate reasonable feedback. If my prices are out of line, I'd like to know. If it's just a soft market, that's fine too. I'm just curious. My ads are listed below. Thanks in advance.

WTS OR - SKB 4 gun case with wheels, locks

WTS/WTT OR - Remington 788 in 22-250

WTS/WTT OR - 41 magnum ammo

WTS OR - Kahr MK40
It is just the market talking.........if you had a house for sale (here in Idaho) it would sell in 48 hrs 10% over asking price.

You need to hang a pork chop around their necks.. and start a separate thread wondering why all yer listed stuff in that thread isn't selling. probably
at least you'll get more visibility that way

IMO a lot of it has to do with the hassle of hoop jumping to stay legal on firearm transfers. It all add$ up. If your ad isn't a "smoking" deal it just sits. Or you have to get lucky and find the guy looking for exactly what you're selling.

Could be your location in Eugene. I've seen a lot of deals, but not worth the drive from PDX, and I wouldn't expect the seller to make that drive either.

Well, right now pistols in .40 are all over the place and very cheap as alot of PDs are going back to 9mm. You can find higher end guns like Sig and HK selling their pistols in .40 far cheaper then 9mm

^I agree with all of the above. The market is pretty dry right now. Not a lot of people looking for firearms and especially not a lot looking for those calibers. Also for $500 someone would probably rather get a brand new Remington 700 in a caliber of their choosing and would enjoy the ability to customize a bit more. That being said, the 788 is a great gun and yours looks great too, especially with the Vortex. Sometimes you just gotta wait a bit for the right person to come along. In the summer some more people (and not all gun people) will start looking for a good deal because they want to get into or back into shooting and will want a cheap gun to take out with the kids or grandkids. Best of luck with the sale!

I considered your SKB case, but I already have 6 hard-sided gun cases and need another like a hole-in-the-head.

Forget about the pork chop. Offer to have it delivered by topless maidens, FTF, at the Oregon Country Fair there in Veneta.

Naw, people are spending all their money on pot.

41mag not very popular, 788 not too popular, 22-250 is a great round but .223 is so cheap right now.

I will speculate a guess:D Most of the guys are up north so travel adds cost and time to make a purchase. I see some great stuff I would buy if I lived next door to the guy but it cost too much in time and money to travel and buy it.:)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews