JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always wanted to ask an anti gunner the following question.
Your teenage daughter is walking home from her friends house and is attacked by a man intent on raping her. Which would you rather have... a good guy with a cell phone who sees what's going on and immediately calls 911...or... a good guy with a CCL who immediately draws his gun and intervenes to save her?
Trouble is none of them would give you a straight answer because when it affects them personally they all know that they'd rather have the guy with the gun and that really knaws at them.

Much like there are "no atheists in foxholes," There is no such thing as an anti-gunner in a movie theater when the nut job walks in to shoot up the place. And as you sit there huddled with your wife and child on the floor trying to protect them...and as the nut job turn and points his weapon at you...as you are staring down the barrel of his gun in what is, most certainly, the final few seconds of your life...if in that moment you say you would NOT want a gun to defend yourself and your family...well...you are either a liar or a straight up idiot. :rolleyes:

See point 4 above. But, I'm not willing to throw my life away so someone else can own an AR or fac simile.

So one one hand you don't think we need, or should have AR15s? But you also say "4. They won't take my firearms while I still breath." Does this mean you will, or will NOT vote for any further restriction on 2nd amendment rights? That would be the question I'd like to hear an answer to.

Copycat crime is a term that was coined in 1916, when people were copying Jack the Ripper.

Then why didn't they call it a "Copy Jack crime?? Hmmm? :s0092:

So one one hand you don't think we need, or should have AR15s? But you also say "4. They won't take my firearms while I still breath." Does this mean you will, or will NOT vote for any further restriction on 2nd amendment rights? That would be the question I'd like to hear an answer to.

Then why didn't they call it a "Copy Jack crime?? Hmmm? :s0092:
Mike, give it up... Jeremiah 5:21. :)

Mike, give it up... Jeremiah 5:21. :)

That's my last on this silly thread DB. I'm actually surprised that we would still be giving benefit of the doubt and hoping to change someones mind. People that use certain key phrases/words are not usually worth the time.

I have a problem with any gun owner who is of the opinion that it's ok give up someone else's constitutional rite to own a particular firearm, on the premise that there own rites will not be affected.

I have a real problem with non gun owners whom want to take away constitutional rites to own firearms.

Don't like a particular firearm? Then just don't buy a particular firearm. Don't make any presumptions as to what others may like, and why.

The divide between the people may now be too great for bridges. We will be free or we will not. When the other side chooses to not be free, they cannot tolerate my choice. We have been in a constant state of transition between the two views for a long time but we are now entrenched, with no middle ground. No Quarter.

Not every criminal is named Jack. Plus the term copycat has been used before the term copycat crime.

Oh, I get it. Kinda' like "That dude is one murderous, throat cuttin' cat" ;)

Just trying to lighten this long, turned senseless, thread up a bit, don't ya know?

That's my last on this silly thread DB. I'm actually surprised that we would still be giving benefit of the doubt and hoping to change someones mind. People that use certain key phrases/words are not usually worth the time.

I'm not trying to change birdmove's mind, I'm just trying to understand his position.

And birdmove, if you read this, could you respond to the question in my prior post #332?

P

My mom belongs to the NRA and is very proud of that. I took her out shooting her new pistol and she wanted to shoot my new AR10 308. The first time for her shooting an AR. It was pretty cool. This was after she shot it and after she said, "you need to take a picture of me with your gun, to send to your dad"...
soVQwBv.jpg

When she shot it, she had her ear muffs and eye protection on. We had fun that day... We need our AR's to protect our families. Our rights "SHALL not be infringed upon"!!!!!

But you never answered my question. Given that the agenda for the left includes ending at worst or severely limiting at best, private gn ownership, what makes you think they'll stop, once the wall that is the Second Amendment cracks?

First, the dems have been in power in the past. I still have my guns and bet you have yours. I'm quite sure there are some extremists that would like to ban all firearms. It's a long way from there being a few to confiscating all firearms. There are plenty of extremists that want to perpetuate a fear of banning all firearms. It's not going to happen. There are plenty of democrats that own firearms, compete, hand load etc, and I'm one of them. There will be one way anyone takes my guns, and that's when I'm off to meet my maker. You may feel the same way. I don't waste too much time worrying. Social media has been one way to get a panic going. Pizza gate? A phony but official looking piee I saw on Facebook I think before the election stating HRC threatened to overturn the second amendment AND ban the NRA. The Facebook piece claimed these things were said in an interview with the Des Moines Registry newspaper. I smelled an odr, so took a minute to go to that papers website. The home page referred to this piece and said though they did review HRC, these statements were never made in the interview. I"m not here to defend HRC, but made up BS isn't the way to go about things.
The dude that originally wrote a piece about "pizza gate" is an attorney of all things, and admitted in a filmed interview that he just makes things up and slaps it on the web. As you know, a shooter went to that pizza restaurant, and even fired shots. It was all BS. I am skeptical of what I read especially on the web, and that's from either side of this issue.
I don't believe that anyone is after all our firearms. And I don't give people like Alex Jones, Rush etc any credibility. I have not read the Heller decision from the Supreme Court, but I don't think that august body has said that the second guarantees any citizens the right to own ANY firearm.

The 2nd Amendment does not specify which arms because the founding fathers knew technology would change. To suggest otherise is to blatantly ignore history.

Its not about hunting or self defense.

Bless the antis that will have a conversation about ideas and philosophies... for they are very few. Damn the gun owners that are willing to give up their own rights or another's... because the slippery slope is real.

Those that will not listen to sense need to be defeated... in the voting box. If we cannot, we must bide our time and do what we can until such time as we can defeat them. Resistance is NOT futile!!!:mad:

The 2nd Amendment does not specify which arms because the founding fathers knew technology would change. To suggest otherwise is to blatantly ignore history.

Its not about hunting or self defense.

All one has to do is look back 50 years prior to the bill of rights even then as technology changed so did sovereign areas adjust the wording as well as do the federalist papers .

I just had a Laugh Dems passed Obama Care and expected us to make sense of 10,000 pages. Yet they think we are wrong on two paragraphs that have years and years prior discussion.

First, the dems have been in power in the past. I still have my guns and bet you have yours. I'm quite sure there are some extremists that would like to ban all firearms. It's a long way from there being a few to confiscating all firearms. There are plenty of extremists that want to perpetuate a fear of banning all firearms. It's not going to happen. There are plenty of democrats that own firearms, compete, hand load etc, and I'm one of them. There will be one way anyone takes my guns, and that's when I'm off to meet my maker. You may feel the same way. I don't waste too much time worrying. Social media has been one way to get a panic going. Pizza gate? A phony but official looking piee I saw on Facebook I think before the election stating HRC threatened to overturn the second amendment AND ban the NRA. The Facebook piece claimed these things were said in an interview with the Des Moines Registry newspaper. I smelled an odr, so took a minute to go to that papers website. The home page referred to this piece and said though they did review HRC, these statements were never made in the interview. I"m not here to defend HRC, but made up BS isn't the way to go about things.
The dude that originally wrote a piece about "pizza gate" is an attorney of all things, and admitted in a filmed interview that he just makes things up and slaps it on the web. As you know, a shooter went to that pizza restaurant, and even fired shots. It was all BS. I am skeptical of what I read especially on the web, and that's from either side of this issue.
I don't believe that anyone is after all our firearms. And I don't give people like Alex Jones, Rush etc any credibility. I have not read the Heller decision from the Supreme Court, but I don't think that august body has said that the second guarantees any citizens the right to own ANY firearm.

I'll just say this; the Democrat party is no longer the party of FDR, Harry Truman or Jack Kennedy. Since JFK's assassination, the Democrats, and I'm referring to the D.C. centric establishment (not the rank and file members) has become the party of Lennin and Mao and Marx. It's a hard left postmodern organization; these are neo-Communist by another name.

Fundamental transformation, remember that; in other words unhinging the nation from the Constitution and a republican form of government.

I'm not in any way defending Republicans, the GOP establishment is thoroughly sold out to the major corporations.

Don't take my word, or anyone else's for that matter; free your mind and do the homework. I suggest the starting points of thoroughly reading the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution followed by the Communist Manifesto. Read and seem to understand.

Last Edited:
Don't take my word, or anyone else's for that matter; free your mind and do the homework. I suggest the starting points of thoroughly reading the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution followed by the Communist Manifesto. Read and seem to understand.
Don't forget the Federalist Papers, the "user's manual for the Constitution." EDIT: There is no clearer voice on the Constitution's meaning than James Madison himself, as the man who wrote it...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR