JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm also a birdwatcher and studied ornithology, so I really dig birds. I love corvids, especially crows, ravens and magpies, so I probably wouldn't hunt them anymore unless it was for survival purposes.

Ah, crows/ravens bug me because of their noise. And I hate magpies. Lil bastids makin noise AND crapping all over everything. IMO the world has too many magpies. They're wary dudes tho...just crack open the slider with my pellet rifle and they are gone. BTW, I have friends that are birders. I always thought they were a little quirky. I mean really, we are down in Mexico at Cabo and my buddy's 20yr old boy goes out with his GF to birdwatch? Come on!!!

I'd cook crows like I cook duck. Gut em, remove all feathers, rub down with butter and then apply a dry Russian salad dressing mix over the entire skin. Preheat oven to 350, place prepared duck in a baking dish on the rack, place a brick next to the baking dish. Bake for 30min per pound. After timer goes off remove baking dish from oven. Throw duck in trash, eat brick with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Last Edited:
Ah, crows/ravens bug me because of their noise. And I hate magpies. Lil bastids makin noise AND crapping all over everything. IMO the world has too many magpies. They're wary dudes tho...just crack open the slider with my pellet rifle and the are gone. BTW, I have friends that are birders. I always thought they were a little quirky. I mean really, we are down in Mexico at Cabo and my buddy's 20yr old boy go's out with his GF to birdwatch? Come on!!!

I'd cook crows like I cook duck. Gut em, remove all feathers, rub down with butter and then apply a dry Russian salad dressing mix over the entire skin. Preheat oven to 350, place prepared duck in a baking dish on the rack, place a brick next to the baking dish. Bake for 30min per pound. After timer goes off remove baking dish from oven. Throw duck in trash, eat brick with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
LOL! Yeah, I see how they can be annoying on a pest/ noise level. I dig them because of how intelligent and intellectual they are.

I was a 'bird guide' for eight years.

It was a hobby as I was in corporate management at the same time. It was a week-end thing along with my wife who had far better spotting ability than me and I had better diagnostics...id-ing. We both enjoyed it... quite often we'd host as many as 50 people at a time.

Loved birding.

A lot of birders are MD's as their diagnostic recognition is challenged.

I'm very good at riparian living bird id-ing, shore birds not so much...

I was a 'bird guide' for eight years.

It was a hobby as I was in corporate management at the same time. It was a week-end thing along with my wife who had far better spotting ability than me and I had better diagnostics...id-ing. We both enjoyed it... quite often we'd host as many as 50 people at a time.

Loved birding.

A lot of birders are MD's as their diagnostic recognition is challenged.

I'm very good at riparian living bird id-ing, shore birds not so much...
Very cool. Sorry to thread jack here, but I've always longed to bird in the Rio Grande. Brownsville, TX is a hot spot for it's wide variety of species and vagrants. I've never done guiding but have spent 1000s of hours on hawkwatch sites, studying migratory hawks.

Crows are smart as bubblegum.
They are masters of self-preservation. I've always wanted to attempt to hunt crows but knowing me, I'd blow my cover and they would be weary of me.

On another note:
As a friendly reminder and to keep things civil, let's not get too sidetracked in these threads with political garbage and keep hostility out of the forum; direct or veiled.

Be kind to one another.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews