JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's love/hate regarding Kimbers for me.
Had a used micro 1911 sold to me from a friend.
He had nothing but problems with it including 2 trips to the mothership who told him both times he was limpwristing it.
He tried springs and different magazines.
When I brought it, had the same problems and changed the extractor too.
Sold it to a pawn shop.

A couple of years later I saw Kimber's new revolver. A 3" bright stainless K6 DAO.
Fell in love with the looks, but was hesitant because of that lemon officer's 1911 I previously owned.
Took a chance and purchased it.
And it functions as good as it looks to this day. 😃

One of my favorite cuts on my smoker - pork cushion.

Slathered with my own Black current/teriyaki blend of BBq sauce!

IMG_20230314_185722398.jpg

Why does Kimber lie about having a "custom shop" when they don't have one? All their "custom shop" guns are assembled on the same line as their "regular" guns.
I'd recommend you avoid buying cars, motorcycles, computers, most clothing lines and most shoes.
You want custom? Support your local gunsmith on a custom build, or buy a Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Staccato, etc.
Kwityerbeotchin' -- put up or ferme la bouche!

Where's para ordinance today? Should I be looking for a pre 2012? I've yet to try Tisas but willing
Para is no more. After moving to North Carolina from Canada, they manufactured some nice 1911's, but then Remington bought them out. At the time, Remington had some pretty grand ideas, as well as offering a Double Stack 1911 in 45 Auto (Just like some old Canadian Para's). We all know what happened to Remington. I did manage to get my hands on a Para 1911 Commander brand new back then, it is a nice carry pistol (in my humble estimation).

I love me a 1911. But @Nosferatu kind of sold me on the Sig 2xx series. Just don't tell @sobo.

If we make it through the short session, I may have to pick up the P226 Elite and a pile of mags. Just don't tell @Knobgoblin that I won the lottery.
I love the Sig P2xx series, they are my favorite pistols. Hammer fired DA/SA? What is not to like. I get that DA/SA is harder to learn, but once you get used to it it is an incredibly robust platform.

I don't understand the need , desire , or whatever...for trash talking a firearm or a person's choice of firearms.
I don't like Glock pistols....for many reasons.
However...all of those reasons only really matter and are only important to.....me.
So at the end of the day...who cares...?

If someone likes KImber Pistols...then good for them...then same if someone doesn't like 'em.
Andy
Imo some people do divisive things such as post a question that they have no interest in the answer. The reason they post it is to get people fighting so they can sit back and watch, not to learn. It's how they get their mental stimulation. Often you see post after post in many places that are similarly divisive and it's often from new members.

Fe:

CE61E7BC-B5E3-46D3-B4E4-BFBC09CD8286.jpeg

Imo some people do divisive things such as post a question that they have no interest in the answer. The reason they post it is to get people fighting so they can sit back and watch, not to learn. It's how they get their mental stimulation. Often you see post after post in many places that are similarly divisive and it's often from new members.

Fe:

View attachment 1810478
Yep...I understand all that...and kinda figured all of that out early here this morning...even before my coffee....:D
Andy

Was that black rifle coffee?? 😉

@Andy54Hawken doesn't drink just regular, off the shelf coffee. He's a coffee-infused brewed black powder fanatic!
Yes to both.... :D

I have been known to roast coffee beans over a campfire...then grind 'em up with my antique coffee mill....
And make "campfire coffee".....a fun...but time consuming process...no wonder some mountain men were grumpy...:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads