JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Andy54Hawken doesn't drink just regular, off the shelf coffee. He's a coffee-infused brewed black powder fanatic!
88FC1F53-380B-42E9-8A6B-8710E6DD8434.jpeg
A21E67A4-4A59-48DE-A929-E2764A613BF6.jpeg

Imo some people do divisive things such as post a question that they have no interest in the answer. The reason they post it is to get people fighting so they can sit back and watch, not to learn. It's how they get their mental stimulation.
Ha! We all banded together. Wolverines!

I personally don't care for Kimbers. Late 90s I bought one from Keith's out in Gresham and had a ton of problems. I was young and it was a large purchase for me. I think I was brokenhearted because it was supposed to be the "ultimate" 1911, and it did not meet my expectations. I think that one example soured me. You'd think I could let it go? I've had a few more on and off over the years, but that first experience still bugs me. I love my TRP though. I guess it is an emotional reaction due to the luck of the draw.

I personally don't care for Kimbers. Late 90s I bought one from Keith's out in Gresham and had a ton of problems. I was young and it was a large purchase for me. I think I was brokenhearted because it was supposed to be the "ultimate" 1911, and it did not meet my expectations. I think that one example soured me. You'd think I could let it go? I've had a few more on and off over the years, but that first experience still bugs me. I love my TRP though. I guess it is an emotional reaction due to the luck of the draw.
Bet a lot of us are in the same boat as you.
I kept giving Taurus "just one more chance".
From the early 1990's till a few years ago.
0 for 4.

I had a similar experience with a Wilson Combat CQB a couple decades ago that flat out wouldn't run and they couldn't fix it.

These mechanical devices can be finicky things, no matter who puts their signature on it.

Early Kimber 1911s were a big hit and well made.

Kimber was basically the first to incorporate a bunch of 1911 features that we used to have done after-market, like beavertail grip safety, extended safety, ambi-safety, improved trigger. I had several early 1980s Colt 1911s and spent another $500+ over the price of the gun to add features and accurize (polish feed ramp, change factory springs, etc). Years later all the 1911 manufacturers were doing the same thing.

I've owned 5, early ones are 2x Hi-Cap 1911-45 ACP, 2x40S&W (5" and 4") and a newer model 9mm. All shoot really well with-out modification. Traded a Hi-Cap Compact 1911 that I wish I kept (10 rds.). he other 45 holds 10 or 14 and shoots to point of aim, like you'd expect.

I converted a 4" alum. frame from 40SW to 357 Sig bull barrel that takes 8 rd. mags that shoots hot but sweet. The only one I might sell is the 9mm, because I have Dan Wesson PM7 in 9mm and 10mm and those are keepers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top