JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ryan's (Wisc Repub House) proposal defunds Obamacare, shifts Medicare and Medicade to private insurers, and lowers the top tax rate to 25%, claiming this will somehow fix our system and end deficit spending Never in my lifetime has a political party said more nonsense then this current batch of GOP sell outs. The very fact that they can utter such absolute BS and still get some traction with the general public is just plain sad. If the ship were going down they would propose cutting more holes in the hull because they could sell the materials, and so many would grab and ax and start making it so.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, the general public who tends to think what is going on now is going to make thing so great will be in for a very rude awakening over the next couple years. You think the economy and jobs are an issue now? Just wait for a bit. The demise of the middle class is just beginning to circle the toilet bowl.

From a purely tactical standpoint, I don't see how the Republicans can justify taking on what one must assume the AARP holds dear. To me, it seems like they're pocking a hornet's nest.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, the general public who tends to think what is going on now is going to make thing so great will be in for a very rude awakening over the next couple years. You think the economy and jobs are an issue now? Just wait for a bit. The demise of the middle class is just beginning to circle the toilet bowl.

Well what can I say I'm feeling flush!

My ideal America has never been a aristocracy, supported by a propaganda wing, with it's own political party who yap a populist line while working to make sure that this country is for the money and by the money. The saddest part is that there are so many who are incapable of seeing the obvious or even voting for their own economic interests. They are easily bought, convinced with tone and conjecture by a personality cult of media figures with all the journalistic ethics of Attila the Hun. So that a fellow like Ryan, and his GOP bobbleheads can say things like the free market will provide low cost health care insurance, when the 'free market' (yeah sure) has managed to do the exact opposite!

And the target audience for such hog wash does not complain about the quality of this swill because? Really, the last time I heard anyone so defiant of reason itself as Ryan is, his first name was Muammar.

From a purely tactical standpoint, I don't see how the Republicans can justify taking on what one must assume the AARP holds dear. To me, it seems like they're pocking a hornet's nest.

Offending people that don't vote for you anyway does little harm.
It's the same logic as the dems offending the NRA folks.

But it is not the offense of AARP that bothers me, it is the bald face offense to reason itself by proposing solutions to problems that are as absurd as putting out a fire by pouring fuel on it.

So that a fellow like Ryan, and his GOP bobbleheads can say things like the free market will provide low cost health care insurance, when the 'free market' (yeah sure) has managed to do the exact opposite! And the target audience for such hog wash does not complain about the quality of this swill because? Really, the last time I heard anyone so defiant of reason itself as Ryan is, his first name was Muammar.

But it is not the offense of AARP that bothers me, it is the bald face offense to reason itself by proposing solutions to problems that are as absurd as putting out a fire by pouring fuel on it.

Very well put. It doesn't surprise me that someone like Rep. Ryan came out with his idea. It doesn't even surprise me that there are some who think it's great (obviously they haven't taken the time to think it through) It absolutely boggles my mind that the media haven't hit him hard on follow up interviews asking him to explain how this idea could possibly save any money (in fact probably end up costing twice as much with half the efficiency) in a system whose costs have done nothing but increase at rates 4-5x the rate of inflation for the past 10-12 years.

If Ryan's plan goes through, within 10 years the US will be ranked at about 100 in the world for health care delivery. All the potential in the world to have top notch quality care but no ability to deliver because nobody will be able to afford it. On the bright side though private insurance profits will rival big oil profits. I can hardly wait.

Very well put. It doesn't surprise me that someone like Rep. Ryan came out with his idea. It doesn't even surprise me that there are some who think it's great (obviously they haven't taken the time to think it through) It absolutely boggles my mind that the media haven't hit him hard on follow up interviews asking him to explain how this idea could possibly save any money (in fact probably end up costing twice as much with half the efficiency) in a system whose costs have done nothing but increase at rates 4-5x the rate of inflation for the past 10-12 years.

If Ryan's plan goes through, within 10 years the US will be ranked at about 100 in the world for health care delivery. All the potential in the world to have top notch quality care but no ability to deliver because nobody will be able to afford it. On the bright side though private insurance profits will rival big oil profits. I can hardly wait.

Here's the plan: The US middle class is to be broken up. The lower 70% to fend for ourselves. An inclusive growing middle class with upward mobility is no longer part of the elite's business plan. From here on, the bottom 70% of us will be dealt with via propaganda, entertainment, various drugs, and increasingly, force. That's why our so-called 'National Security Budget' for FY 2011 is actually over 1 trillion dollars! Neither Party wants to put the ax to that hog. It is up to us to figure out how to build a movement for the left out majority.

Here's the plan: The US middle class is to be broken up. The lower 70% to fend for ourselves. An inclusive growing middle class with upward mobility is no longer part of the elite's business plan. From here on, the bottom 70% of us will be dealt with via propaganda, entertainment, various drugs, and increasingly, force. That's why our so-called 'National Security Budget' for FY 2011 is actually over 1 trillion dollars! Neither Party wants to put the ax to that hog. It is up to us to figure out how to build a movement for the left out majority.

It makes sense, don't cut the military as they are the future police force to keep the riff raff in line!
What this boils down to is the very concept of America vs. insane greed, and the only thing that will stop it is people smart enough to figure out what side of the bread their butter is on. There is little more pathetic than a poor person who preaches supply side economics. The ubbers and their party, the thuglicans are openly engaged in class warfare, wise up or die!

On the hopeful front,
"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time." Lincoln.

And really, these goofs aren't that smart, they tip their hand at every play!

My healthcare provider informed me that they would remove the riders they have on me if I had no medical issues for a year. It has been three years now & the underwriters dept. decided not to. Pisses me off because I had no riders with my old coverage.
'

I called my company again last week & offered to stab a few of the Underwriting Dept. employees with my favorite icepick & today my insurance company called to tell me they have removed the riders from my policy so I am now fully covered!
Just goes to show what good a bit of a life threatening insult can do:s0114:

'

I called my company again last week & offered to stab a few of the Underwriting Dept. employees with my favorite icepick & today my insurance company called to tell me they have removed the riders from my policy so I am now fully covered!

And people say violence doesn't accomplish anything.:s0112: The mere threat of violence convinced the insurance people to reevaluate your policy. :s0112:

'

Glad it worked out for you but count yourself lucky you didn't get a notice of policy recision.

'

I once went off on a fellow from a credit card company, they bought another company where I had an inactive account (paid off not being used), and even though I had an active card with this company they sent me a 2nd unasked for card with higher rate terms on it, so I just stated using the card only to start getting two bills. I acted like a crazy person when I calledl, and latter when one of their execs called me back presumably to find out if I had been commited, he then explained what had happened. After I said I was sorry we got to laughing about it, and he took care of the problem combining the cards and even loweried the rates. I remember joking with him toward the end about how overrated civility is.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top