JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All,
I own ~14.5 acres in Lane county and am considering insurance. There is no home, but do have a couple sheds, tractor, etc. With the wildfires, risk of injury, potential trespassers I am worried about my risk level.

Couple of questions:
1. Is it needed?
2. What company? (My current homeowner USAA doesn't offer any)
3. Other questions I should ask?

Thanks!
-Jon

IMG_1359.jpeg

The only policies I was able to find is just for liability if someone injures them on your property. I could not find any kind of fire insurance for my lot. Even our homeowners insurance agent didn't have any suggestions.

I was just hoping to insure the biggest value on my property; the marketable lumber. I currently have no structures.

Try Country Financial, they write home and farm and could probably do it.

Other option is to go to a multi-brand agent that has access to different carriers.

Three coverages to consider

1. Liability, will cover you if someone is hurt on your property and you are negligent.

2. Buildings, if you want your shed covered

3. Personal property if you want your tractor or other items covered.

Liability is good to have, since anyone getting hurt on the property would try to blame you, even a trespasser.

Also, better to switch your auto to so you get the multi line discount.

That's who we have for homeowners - they wouldn't do anything. Maybe because the property is in a different state from our main home? They weren't particularly helpful when I inquired.
Our homeowner's policy is on our house in Oregon and our lot was in Washington. Just told the agent the address and that was that. Liability and improvements coverage. Didn't even change our premium as I recall. We sold the lot four years ago so maybe they have changed it??

I asked our state farm agent about it last year. The only thing they offer is a liability policy in case someone gets hurt on the property. They wouldn't cover buildings or property since we don't live there yet.

Our homeowner's policy is on our house in Oregon and our lot was in Washington. Just told the agent the address and that was that. Liability and improvements coverage. Didn't even change our premium as I recall. We sold the lot four years ago so maybe they have changed it??
Interesting, thanks. I might try inquiring again and hopefully get someone that actually wants to help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top