JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman was interviewed by Glenn Beck on January 2, 2013, on the topic of mass killings of children by children in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre.

Lt. Grossman is one of the world's foremost experts in the field of human aggression and the roots of violence and violent crime. He is a former West Point psychology professor, Professor of Military Science, and an Army Ranger who has combined his experiences to become the founder of a new field of scientific endeavor, which has been termed -killology.- In this new field Col. Grossman has made revolutionary new contributions to our understanding of killing in war, the psychological costs of war, the root causes of the current -virus- of violent crime that is raging around the world, and the process of healing the victims of violence, in war and peace.

He is the author of On Killing, which was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize; has been translated into Japanese, Korean, and German; is on the U.S. Marine Corps Commandant's required reading list; and is required reading at the FBI academy and numerous other academies and colleges. Col. Grossman co-authored Stop Teaching Our Kids to Kill: A Call to Action Against TV, Movie and Video Game Violence, which has been translated into Norwegian and German, and has received international acclaim. Col. Grossman's most recent book, On Combat, has also placed on the U.S. Marine Corps Commandant's Required Reading List and has been translated into Japanese and Korean.

Col. Grossman has been called upon to write the entry on -Aggression and Violence- in the Oxford Companion to American Military History, three entries in the Academic Press Encyclopedia of Violence and numerous entries in scholarly journals, to include the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy.

He has presented papers before the national conventions of the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.

He has presented to over 100 different colleges and universities worldwide, and has trained educators and law enforcement professionals, in the field of school safety, at the state and regional level, in all 50 states and over a dozen foreign nations.

He helped train mental health professionals after the Jonesboro school shootings, and he was also involved in counseling or court cases in the aftermath of the Paducah, Springfield, Littleton, Virginia Tech, and Nickel Mines Amish school shootings.

He has been an expert witness and consultant in state and Federal courts, to include serving on the prosecution team in UNITED STATES vs. TIMOTHY MCVEIGH.

He has testified before U.S. Senate and Congressional committees and numerous state legislatures, and he and his research have been cited in a national address by the President of the United States.

[video=youtube_share;OBNbeoJMoiI]http://youtu.be/OBNbeoJMoiI[/video]

WOW That is one fantastic VIdeo. This guy puts it all together. You can certainly see that the value of human life in our culture is diminishing daily. Every point this guy talked about can be traced back to progressive policies even though he never says that.

That was one of the most relevant video sets on the cause of violence out today.
It is accurate and to the point and it is the major cause of the mentality of youth
today. The conditioning, the lack of moral training and for all intent and ourpose
absent parents in their child's lives. They may be phisically there but mentally absent.

Both Parts 1 and 2 should be mandatory for every parent, every teacher and for damned sure
every politician to watch these at least 5 times.

Part 1
Why Children are Killing Children in Modern Society (1:2) - YouTube

Part 2
Why Children are Killing Children in Modern Society (2:2) - YouTube

It isn't the guns people, guns have been around a lot longer than the video
conditioning devices. The problems began after the Violence in movies increased
and the video games were introduced !

A great find Simon99, a very great find. Lets use them to the fullest extent.
Get them out and make them visible over and over and over and make sure everyone sends
the sites (videos to every politician in this country. If they get it enough they will
eventually view them.
I wish we could give you a thousand likes for that one simon99 :)

Yep its all the movies and video games and media's fault.

Prior to television, movies and video games, children were never violent.

except for Jesse Pomeroy in 1874, Mary Flora Bell in 1968, Edmund Kemper 1964, or Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb in 1924 and Graham Young in 1962,

Huh who would have thought that violence has been a part of humanity for all eternity.

gang violence, where the median age is 15 BTW and is the leading cause of all violence in America, has nothing to do with TV or movies, its about money, and drugs.

So I am sorry I think I smell Bullpucky.

except for Jesse Pomeroy in 1874, Mary Flora Bell in 1968, Edmund Kemper 1964, or Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb in 1924 and Graham Young in 1962,

Huh who would have thought that violence has been a part of humanity for all eternity.

gang violence, where the median age is 15 BTW and is the leading cause of all violence in America, has nothing to do with TV or movies, its about money, and drugs.

There was no bullpucky til this post........................
You really should take the time to view the videos (both of them).
IT IS the violent video games just as he stated that dehumanize killing and
create the problems to the degree it is today. The things you stated were few and far between.
Now the violence is a daily and in many cities hourly norm and that began around the time the movie standards changed and video violence became predominant.

Your post is irrelevant. The individual (Lt. Col. Grossman) is a professional that has studied the facts and has separated emotion from analysis. If you choose to ignore his findings, that's your prerogative.....I'm sure you will be in good company with all the Hollywood minions and gamers who choose to stick to their long held emotions as well as they make repeated calls for " common sense" gun laws after children keep dying at each others hands.

gang violence, where the median age is 15 BTW and is the leading cause of all violence in America, has nothing to do with TV or movies, its about money, and drugs. So I am sorry I think I smell Bullpucky.

Did you even listen to both vids? Your kind of emotional on the whole gamer thing, get out of the basement much?

no no no you don't understand, you can't control yourself after you view such things, so we will tell you what you can see, and hear and read. Don't worry its for your own good. Its for the children.

Yeah I have looked at the data too, and he is full of it. He might be dressed right but he is pushing the same crap everyone else in the government is.

no no no you don't understand, you can't control yourself after you view such things, so we will tell you what you can see, and hear and read. Don't worry its for your own good. Its for the children.

Yeah I have looked at the data too, and he is full of it. He might be dressed right but he is pushing the same crap everyone else in the government is.

So, a retired Army Ranger that has went to school to become a psychiatrist and has spent decades devoted to the psychology of killing is full of BS? And tell us....what are your credentials? So far, your close mindedness is quite telling....

Yeah he is, he sells books based on a idea that demonizes the entire information and entertainment industry, it also removes culpability from the transgressor.

I call a spade a spade when I see a spade.
the vast majority of psychiatrists are full of it, what makes him so special, all I'm hearing is "we should control what you hear, see and read"

Your defense of person that would take the right free transference of information away from you is telling as well.

Yeah he is, he sells books based on a idea that demonizes the entire information and entertainment industry, it also removes culpability from the transgressor.

I call a spade a spade when I see a spade.
the vast majority of psychiatrists are full of it, what makes him so special, all I'm hearing is "we should control what you hear, see and read"

Your defense of person that would take the right free transference of information away from you is telling as well.

Yeah, its a lot better to bury our heads in the sand and pretend that all these visual images that children are bombarded with 24/7 make no difference......that's all he's saying dude. Do you think this stupid " knock out" game would have taken off had it not been promoted on GTA? Where do you think it came from? When people that have actually pulled the trigger and extinguished a living human being want to discuss practical science, I listen. The keyboard warriors and Monday morning quarterbacks are the ones that like to dilute the facts ad nauseam.

Yeah, its a lot better to bury our heads in the sand and pretend that all these visual images that children are bombarded with 24/7 make no difference......that's all he's saying dude. Do you think this stupid " knock out" game would have taken off had it not been promoted on GTA? Where do you think it came from? When people that have actually pulled the trigger and extinguished a living human being want to discuss practical science, I listen. The keyboard warriors and Monday morning quarterbacks are the ones that like to dilute the facts ad nauseam.

if you think the knockout game came from GTA your delusional, the beginnings of it were around as far back as the late 70's, except at that time it was called One-Hitter Quitter, the GTA series wasn't developed until 1997. Maybe the franchise just zipped back 20 years in time to influence some youth of that generation.

Don't suppose you have ever heard of a greaser have you? those were the street gangs of the 1950's, so what video game made them violent? What movie and television did they watch that made them killers.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top