JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

-- key word for future search
Mormon, LDS, Mexico, Mexican, LeBaron

Last Edited:
Never lost anything in Mexico. Besides, I don't need to travel very far to see Mexico anyway!:mad::rolleyes:

Prayers to the families.

People keep insisting to me that Mexico travel is safe... o_Oo_Oo_O

Thats a little disingenuous... would you say it's dangerous to travel in the USA because 50 something people get shot every weekend in Chicago?

Of course border towns are dangerous, and I highly doubt anyone is insisting that border towns are either a vacation destination or safe.

Very sad news for the families involved. :(

I've been to Sonora and found the rural areas beautiful. When we move to the southwest, I can see visiting again, though I would not take my wife and children with me.

And the tag "LeBaron" takes me back. I did an exhaustive study of the Latter-day Saint offshoots years ago as part of a comparative religion study. The Ervil LeBaron story was a crazy one in every respect. :eek:

I used to know a lot of 'Ex-Pats's' who retired to or based out of Mexico and Costa Rica where things were cheaper and slower. Not the same anymore. Some are still there as they have been there so long. Costa Rica still seems good.

One thihg you learn quickly as a overseas worker from the USA. The US Embassy does not want you to visit them, you are not welcome. Only when I stated I was just trying to register my passport did they relent. In the Seventies, that was a good Idea as it might help prove you had one should it get stolen at some point, now they can get the dat better and easier from the mainframe.

US Embassies are for Foreign Nationals.

I still keep a passport and even got yhe Passport card (To use in lieu of regular passport in Canada or Mexico only, lot more convenient.) You never know. My wife has used it as proof of citizenship (Very Helpful)

We might have to go back to Korea for a funeral or something, but I have no current desire to leave the States, I have no business anywhere but here.

Some people still do though, you just don't realize how many till a incident like this occurs.

Thats a little disingenuous... would you say it's dangerous to travel in the USA because 50 something people get shot every weekend in Chicago?

Of course border towns are dangerous, and I highly doubt anyone is insisting that border towns are either a vacation destination or safe.
That's a false equivalency if ever there were one.

561 homicides in Chicago in 2018. Mostly gang on gang violence. 745 murders in Sonora 2018, 1566 in Chihuahua in 2017.

Over 30,000 people have been reported missing since 2016. Mexico was the deadliest country not at war for journalists in 2018.

It's estimated that only 1 in 10 crimes are *even reported* in Mexico due to the corruption and lack of trust in authorities.

Let's not forget that the cartels like to abduct and murder as a "show of force" innocents like local students.

These cartels opened fire on a parked SUV. Do you think that they couldn't see, through their sights, the figures of women and kids? Even if they couldn't...they approached the vehicles and finished the job at point blank.

Hell, even in Cancun, they tell the tourists to either stay at the resort or only go to tourist spots. Generic travel is ill advised.

I don't get it - we're drone striking the ever-loving-hell out of the Middle East...yet we don't do anything about this? We've been fighting a "War on Drugs" for how long - one that now comes complete with civilian murder by the enemy? Mexico is too damn corrupt to do anything about this problem. The US asserting itself into Mexico to take care of things would go as unpunished globally as Russia into Crimea - and a significant portion of Mexican and US citizens would probably sleep better at night knowing that the scourge is finally being taken care of.

Last Edited:
"We have met the enemy, and it is us!!!"

pogo-we-have-met-the-enemy.jpg

561 homicides in Chicago in 2018. Mostly gang on gang violence. 745 murders in Sonora 2018, 1566 in Chihuahua in 2017.

Over 30,000 people have been reported missing since 2016. Mexico was the deadliest country not at war for journalists in 2018.

It's estimated that only 1 in 10 crimes are *even reported* in Mexico due to the corruption and lack of trust in authorities.

Let's not forget that the cartels like to abduct and murder as a "show of force" innocents like local students.

These cartels opened fire on a parked SUV. Do you think that they couldn't see, through their sights, the figures of women and kids? Even if they couldn't...they approached the vehicles and finished the job at point blank.

Hell, even in Cancun, they tell the tourists to either stay at the resort or only go to tourist spots. Generic travel is ill advised.

I don't get it - we're drone striking the ever-loving-hell out of the Middle East...yet we don't do anything about this? We've been fighting a "War on Drugs" for how long - one that now comes complete with civilian murder by the enemy? Mexico is too damn corrupt to do anything about this problem. The US asserting itself into Mexico to take care of things would go as unpunished globally as Russia into Crimea - and a significant portion of Mexican and US citizens would probably sleep better at night knowing that the scourge is finally being taken care of.
Not to mention that it would lower the rate of asylum seekers too. There are a good many illegals who are simply running to a quiter safer place..

The story as it has unfiolded is horrrific.

I have (for over 40 years) espoused the occupation of Mexico - and once wrote a detailed plan (as a report) as to how it should have been accomplished nearly immediatly after WW2.

Women, children...

+1 thank you for putting to words this statement.

I don't know the one and I'm not talking fiction.

9 innocents less than 4 hours drive from where I was born and raised. Might as well be my backyard.

I guess you could say this hits home.

Covert ops.

Just the tip

Annihilate this disgusting filth.

SSS

The toppling of kingpins such as El Chapo is one of the causes of the increased violence. When gangs fracture and form new factions, we see increased violence as lower level goons start to assert themselves.

My vote is for scorched earth. Napalm and use whatever the 2019 version of Agent Orange is on the crop fields and structures.

Too loud. Imagine the outcry.

We CAN wage covert warfare but not with the chitheads currently operating in that cesspool DC.

assasinations, hunt them all down.

I'm done here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top