JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not anymore...

Watched some videos of them testing that stuff and it is damn impressive. Still pretty heavy, too heavy for most of us that wear soft armor but, still very damn nice. I have been real impressed with the last set of soft I bought from these guys. Its noticeably thicker that my old Level II vest but due to the way the carrier is made it actually was more comfortable this summer when it got hot. Nicely made stuff. Sadly they are so popular you have to be willing to wait a while when ordering from them but it was worth the wait.

If I'm following you correctly, it says it right there in the Features.

FEATURES

• TRULY FLEXIBLE RIFLE ARMOR: Conforms and Feels like Soft Armor
  • Rated For .223/5.56 and 7.62×39
    • Blunt Force Protection: Well within NIJ .07 limits of 44mm
  • Handgun, Shotgun, Strike, Slash, Stab & Taser Resistant
    • Spike Rating: NIJ Level 3 up to 65 Joules of Force
  • 360° Wrap Around Protection: Full Front, Rear and Side Coverage
  • Extreme Comfort: Easy to Wear for 12+ Hours
  • Unmatched by ANYTHING on the Market
  • Cooling Mesh Liner
  • 10 Point Adjustable with 4 Comfort Straps
  • 2 Hidden Pockets for Additional Rifle Plates
  • Water Resistant Polyester Carrier
  • 30 Day Fit and Satisfaction Guarantee
  • 5 Year Warranty and Incident Guarantee
  • PAYMENT PLAN: No Interest and No Credit Check through Quadpay

My apologies, I missed it. :s0107:

"Some" cities??? Let me guess who runs those cities!!!

I didn't know this. It's sad. But since they don't want video evidence, why not just stop arresting law breakers, or let criminals go free.... wait, they are already doing that!
And I know of another city (I still train some of their folks) who do not allow the officers to watch their own videos before writing reports. This is just ridiculous. Now you have the very real likelihood of their being a truly minor difference between the report and video which will be exploited to no end by the defense even if it has no factual relevance in the case.

I want some of whatever you're smoking. You realize "stab vests" and body armor designed to hopefully stop bullets (in no way "bulletproof") are manufactured completely different and for different purposes, right?
True they are, except all that material will often stop a thick bladed knife stab or a slash as well. As @Alexx1401 noted, it is the thin, poking instruments are most likely to defeat a soft vest. As others have noted there is far more crossover with vests now as well.

No worries. It's new.
Even I was skeptical last year when it came out.
Some of the review videos are pretty crazy.
These things perform beyond their ratings in some cases.

One of those, think it was the Level III they offer with the rifle plates in, some guys shot with a .50BMG. I am pretty sure they expected the round to go through since it is of course not rated for this. The damn vest was able to stop the rounds. Rounds punched a hole in the plate and were stopped in the vest material. Pretty sure the guys who shot the video were totally caught by surprise. Owner of the place also shows him letting some one go at him full swings with a baseball bat while wearing one of his Level III's. I have not yet been brave enough to test this out with mine, yet anyway. Maybe get one of my co workers to try it on and get hit with a bat. :s0140:

And I know of another city (I still train some of their folks) who do not allow the officers to watch their own videos before writing reports. This is just ridiculous. Now you have the very real likelihood of their being a truly minor difference between the report and video which will be exploited to no end by the defense even if it has no factual relevance in the case.

Doubly sad!!!

That's similar to a perjury trap. Just an effort to catch a fellow in a small insignificant difference in recollection or perception that can then be exploited. Thanx a lot to people like Hardesty. :(

Why would anybody still want to do that job??????????????

One of those, think it was the Level III they offer with the rifle plates in, some guys shot with a .50BMG. I am pretty sure they expected the round to go through since it is of course not rated for this. The damn vest was able to stop the rounds. Rounds punched a hole in the plate and were stopped in the vest material. Pretty sure the guys who shot the video were totally caught by surprise. Owner of the place also shows him letting some one go at him full swings with a baseball bat while wearing one of his Level III's. I have not yet been brave enough to test this out with mine, yet anyway. Maybe get one of my co workers to try it one and get hit with a bat. :s0140:
I saw that video.
That was pretty remarkable.

I can only speculate, but since I'm a former deputy, I can tell you it's not a sidearm being "racked".
That statement seemingly makes no sense.

You can clearly hear the sound of the officers handgun slide being manipulated. At least that's what I and others hear.

What does you having been a former deputy have anything to do with the facts of what is in the video?

I'm a former Insurance Adjuster so I can tell you that he was not tased.

I'm a former Federal LEO so I can tell you that he was not an African American.

:s0153:

You can clearly hear the sound of the officers handgun slide being manipulated. At least that's what I and others hear.
I second this!

I was kind of half listening to the vid and when I heard that I quickly turned my attention to it as that was exactly what I heard as well, and my first thought.

Last Edited:
I second this!

I was kind of half listening to the vid and when I heard that I quickly turned my attention to it as that was exactly what I heard as well, and my first thought.
After hearing all this talk I finally went back and played that section on loop with no one else here and no other noise. It is the LEO who's Body Cam is used racking his slide. When I loop it you clearly hear "click" then can even see him grab the slide and rack. So who knows why. Did he have a dud round? Did he actually forget he did not have a damn round in the chamber? He clearly pulls the trigger and gets "CLICK" to which he responds with racking the slide. He is damn lucky he did not need his pistol to fire the first time. If someone had been on him he would never have been able to load it. Wonder if anyone there in charge noticed this? If so what his answer is to what the hell was that? :confused:

From another forum I belong to from an officer that investigated the incident afterwards. You'll notice towards the end he says the knife made it through her vest at least a couple of times. Copy and paste of his post:

"JSBCody-
I'm glad you brought up the Laquan incident.
(And NO, the ASA's office has not yet charged anyone for each round fired.)

Guess what district and what watch that incident happened on? DING, DING, DING! Yup... That one!

So take that incident, then slather on a big heaping of "It's 2020, and I'm a honkey cracker bubblegum cop, and if I shoot a black man, bad bubblegum is going to happen. Even if I'm right and the bad guy is a bubbleguming BAD GUY!"

And it's drilled into your head. Along with de-escalation, "implicit bias" and other liberal bullbubblegum...

About a month prior, a black man was shot by a white cop, AFTER THE BLACK MAN SHOT AT THE WHITE COP... And the city went up again! More riots downtown. The mayor, state's attorney and their minions are looking to crucify the next cop on the sjw altar.

Ask yourself (that's all of you) this very important question:
"Do I want that to be me?"

Yep, the officer who did the excellent judo/bjj hip-toss of the bubblegum-stain that just spit on him got screwed over. The orders came from the mayors office because "it looked bad", yet was 100% justified.

And yes, that rather short-sighted any myopic thought extended to here as well. House mice who have been afraid of the street come up with brilliant ideas that don't work in reality, and can't function in the "grey area".

Slosig-
The Sgt was by herself in a car, the other two are partners in the same car(for this story, they will be referred to as Officer A and Officer B).
Officer A & B pulled up to that park, Sgt pulled up moments after.
The Sgt spotted the bad guy in the bushes, Officer A & B were close by (close as in yards) and to the Sgts left. Kind of in an "L"
You see the Sgt calling the guy over and the whole "Let me see your hands!"...
Bad guy moves toward Officer A (gun drawn), then quickly changed direction and went toward the Sgt (taser drawn).
Sgt tases bad guy, bad guy goes down and pulls out taser probes, gets up and moves toward the Sgt again, and gets tased again.
He was either unfazed, or the taser didn't work.
(Tasers have about a 50% effective rate)
That's when it went from bubblegum, to really bad bubblegum.
Bad guy kept on coming, Sgt tried to back pedal straight, bad guy grabs and stabs with a chefs knife.
Officer A and B engage.
Officer A's gun jams. Officer B, well... You hear the bangs.
Officer A was able to clear a malfunction or two and engage as well.
(I don't know what caused the weapon to malfunction, that will come out later in the investigation, if I find out, I'll let you know as much as I can)
All high center mass hits.

You can hear "tap, tap, tap" on the Sgts video. That was the chefs knife hitting her vest. A few of the stabs went through, and the Sgt had minor superficial wounds.
The bad guy was still holding on to her vest after he was shot multiple times, high center mass.

It sure as bubblegum ain't like the movies, is it?
Again, the Sgt found out THAT DAY, that her lawsuit from a shooting involving a man with a knife years prior was settled. Think that wasn't on her mind too?"

From another forum I belong to from an officer that investigated the incident afterwards. You'll notice towards the end he says the knife made it through her vest at least a couple of times. Copy and paste of his post:

"JSBCody-
I'm glad you brought up the Laquan incident.
(And NO, the ASA's office has not yet charged anyone for each round fired.)

Guess what district and what watch that incident happened on? DING, DING, DING! Yup... That one!

So take that incident, then slather on a big heaping of "It's 2020, and I'm a honkey cracker bubblegum cop, and if I shoot a black man, bad bubblegum is going to happen. Even if I'm right and the bad guy is a bubbleguming BAD GUY!"

And it's drilled into your head. Along with de-escalation, "implicit bias" and other liberal bullbubblegum...

About a month prior, a black man was shot by a white cop, AFTER THE BLACK MAN SHOT AT THE WHITE COP... And the city went up again! More riots downtown. The mayor, state's attorney and their minions are looking to crucify the next cop on the sjw altar.

Ask yourself (that's all of you) this very important question:
"Do I want that to be me?"

Yep, the officer who did the excellent judo/bjj hip-toss of the bubblegum-stain that just spit on him got screwed over. The orders came from the mayors office because "it looked bad", yet was 100% justified.

And yes, that rather short-sighted any myopic thought extended to here as well. House mice who have been afraid of the street come up with brilliant ideas that don't work in reality, and can't function in the "grey area".

Slosig-
The Sgt was by herself in a car, the other two are partners in the same car(for this story, they will be referred to as Officer A and Officer B).
Officer A & B pulled up to that park, Sgt pulled up moments after.
The Sgt spotted the bad guy in the bushes, Officer A & B were close by (close as in yards) and to the Sgts left. Kind of in an "L"
You see the Sgt calling the guy over and the whole "Let me see your hands!"...
Bad guy moves toward Officer A (gun drawn), then quickly changed direction and went toward the Sgt (taser drawn).
Sgt tases bad guy, bad guy goes down and pulls out taser probes, gets up and moves toward the Sgt again, and gets tased again.
He was either unfazed, or the taser didn't work.
(Tasers have about a 50% effective rate)
That's when it went from bubblegum, to really bad bubblegum.
Bad guy kept on coming, Sgt tried to back pedal straight, bad guy grabs and stabs with a chefs knife.
Officer A and B engage.
(I don't know what caused the weapon to malfunction, that will come out later in the investigation, if I find out, I'll let you know as much as I can)
All high center mass hits.

You can hear "tap, tap, tap" on the Sgts video. That was the chefs knife hitting her vest. A few of the stabs went through, and the Sgt had minor superficial wounds.
The bad guy was still holding on to her vest after he was shot multiple times, high center mass.

It sure as bubblegum ain't like the movies, is it?
Again, the Sgt found out THAT DAY, that her lawsuit from a shooting involving a man with a knife years prior was settled. Think that wasn't on her mind too?"
Interesting. It's sad how politicians and the media are responsible for injured and dead officers and never held accountable.

Maybe he keeps one magazine in his left breast pocket.... sorta like a modern Barney Fife from Mayberry.
When Illinois State Police switched to the S&W Mdl 39 9mm pistol, the troopers were not issued a magazine carrier. Report of one Officer Involved Shooting stated that the troopers had left the spare magazine in the ask tray. Apparently this was a favorite location. "Back in the old days" when you pulled the front ashtray out, the cover became a tray. You laid your your magazine on it.

Slosig-
Officer A and B engage.

According to the CPD case incident report (CIR) and tactical reports, one officer fired 12 rounds from a Glock 21. The other officer fired 9 rounds from a Beretta 92D. In "Body Worn Camera 1" video one officer says at 18:49: "my gun didn't fire, I squeezed the trigger, I squeezed the trigger ..."

SGT Angela Salgado deployed her Taser "approximately twice" but was stabbed multiple times in the abdomen. She was treated for "hyperventilation/breathing and stress related issues" at the scene and was transported by ambulance to a hospital. The CIR characterizes her injuries as "Injury Extent: Minor".

The perpetrator was 34-year-old Shaon J. Warner, a Black male. He was 5' 9" and 230 lbs. Rumor has it he was a "gentle giant" who was "turning his life around".

Last Edited:
According to the CPD case incident report (CIR) and tactical reports, one officer fired 12 rounds from a Glock 21. The other officer fired 9 rounds from a Beretta 92D. In "Body Worn Camera 1" video one officer says at 18:49: "my gun didn't fire, I squeezed the trigger, I squeezed the trigger ..."

SGT Angela Salgado deployed her Taser "approximately twice" but was stabbed multiple times in the abdomen. She was treated for "hyperventilation/breathing and stress related issues" at the scene and was transported by ambulance to a hospital. The CIR characterizes her injuries as "Injury Extent: Minor".

The perpetrator was 34-year-old Shaon J. Warner, a Black male. He was 5' 9" and 230 lbs. Rumor has it he was a "gentle giant" who was "turning his life around".

You could sure hear she was in totally melt down, and she was damn lucky. The vest certainly saved her damn life. What many don't understand about soft armor is she would have been far more seriously injured if she was shot at close range with a large caliber round. Many, often from too much TV, think soft armor turns people like super man. Where bullets bounce off. The vests do normally stop the rounds but the person wearing it will not want to have it happen again as it can hurt BADLY.
I have yet to be shot in one of mine, thankfully. Have been hit and kicked many times grappling with someone and the vest was great. Couple times it happened I did not even realize I got tagged until after it was over. One of my co workers would be asking me if I was OK? Couple times I had no idea why they were asking until they told me they saw me get a good contact. :D

Sounds like the Sgt. needs to find a different line of work.

Well, I would.

But why do you say so?

Is it the meltdown response to the stress of being stabbed and having the perp shot while in close contact? I've seen enough vids of this to know that it is not that unusual. Officers often need a time out after an incident. They are often removed to a patrol car, allowed to calm down, and told not to talk until a union rep arrives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top