JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We gotta top off all those lowers we've been hoarding:)

Then sell them for:

A79997A6-24C5-4DA3-83C7-E1EB28A0DFFF.jpeg

The word on the street, is that AR upper receivers will become the serialized part of the firearm shortly. The ATF lost a few cases concerning AR lowers not being firearms.

The new pistol I just ordered, only the upper is serialized, and the lower / frame is not. You can order new lowers online and have them shipped to your door.

If they get their way, each Short/Long barreled upper will require a new $500 tax stamp. There new Registration plan. :eek: All while taking out the arm brace, and AR pistol loophole. :mad:

Then there is a new sister proposal to ban all upper gun parts, or at least require a background check for each part. But you will still need a stamp to "Manufacture" the stupid thing.

And all this is before the new AWB they are going to push through if they get enough seats in the Senate.

Stack um deep y'all... :cool:
Sign me up for these non-serialized lowers, add those to the existing uppers and they all instantly become Casper's.

Seriously, where does one obtain a non-serialized lower, other than an 80% lower? In all of my searches, I've not encountered any...

Sign me up for these non-serialized lowers, add those to the existing uppers and they all instantly become Casper's.

Seriously, where does one obtain a non-serialized lower, other than an 80% lower? In all of my searches, I've not encountered any...
There are some that the lower is not the place the serial is at, Ruger MK1 and FN Fal for example. Something like these is what I think he was referring to.

JCS,

Yes, and previously a whole lotta those folks were anti-gun, but slowly/gradually woke up, panicked and started buying guns while holding their noses realizing pro-gun folk had it figured out a long time ago...

Will they have a change of heart politically?

I doubt it, but hope springs eternal in the youthful heart...

Welcome to "M.O.A.P."

The "Mother Of All Panics". I've witnessed three or four panic periods the last 15+ years, but this one seems to take the crown from all the industry data I'm seeing. What's the cause? I think it's primarily four things, in no particular order:

1. COVID-19;
2. Protesting/Rioting;
3. Upcoming election where pro-gun - or at least more pro-gun - politicians appear to be under some pressure at this moment in time (although that's always subject to change at any moment);
4. Lots of new gun buyers, mostly due to #1 and #2 above.

All of those items I just listed contribute to what I'd call "generalized anxiety and fear in our society", so it stands to reason that people would be stocking up on firearms and ammo.

I suspect this panic will last throughout the remainder of 2020. And if the Democrats capture the White House and/or the Senate, the panic buying will likely extend well into 2021.

This is why many of us old timers often say "Buy it cheap and stack it deep." Over the last decade or two, extreme market fluctuations have been fairly common every few years, and at times even predictable. I think this particular panic was entirely predictable based on the upcoming election alone. And that's exactly why, in the second half of 2019, I finally broke down and bought the last few firearms I've wanted to add to my collection for years. I suspected that if I waited much longer I was going to be S.O.L. Possibly for a long, long time. And I suspect several of you made the exact same calculus. So, I'm happily sitting this panic out! In fact I may even sell a few items in the upcoming months. It's a great market for sellers right now.

BTW, speaking of new buyers, back in March my fairly liberal sister called me to get some advice on buying her first pistol (at age 56). I was pleasantly surprised! While she has never been stridently anti-gun, she previously never had a desire to own one...until Covid-19 came along and she suddenly realized how quickly society can be turned upside down. Her change of heart is a good thing, and I think we should welcome such people into gun ownership. I don't think now is a good time to play the "I told you so!" game or to otherwise tell such people "we don't want you in the fold". Because now, people like my sister (she is an educated, upper-income, suburban Democrat) will be more skeptical of gun control legislation. She finally understands, "Yes, there are very legitimate reasons that people want guns to protect themselves, their families and their communities." I'm still educating her on why "assault rifle" and magazine bans do nothing to halt gun violence. You gotta start somewhere, and she's slowly figuring it out. :D

Meh, now is not the time to buy, it's the time to sell or hold. I have a few rifles that could be whole if I dropped in BCGs. Then I could sell them. But it's not a big deal.

Nothing wrong with either NiB or 9310 if manufactured correctly.

"If" is mighty big word. Why would I trust it to be manufactured correctly when they are cheaping out on material and process right out of the gate? I'll stick with chrome lined/phosphate and C158 over NiB and 9310 every time. But then I bought a stack of SOLGW BCG back when they were on sale $109 and don't need to worry about it.

Uppers seem not too hard to find, but BCGs are expensive now.

As are bolt parts!

Had wanted a few nickel boron AR bolt assemblies at midway my last order, but I dawdled on finalizing the order. So they sold out.

Thankfully backorder was OK on those.

Still pretty spendy (IMO) at $40ea. Midway emailed they just shipped them today....now the same ones are $60 if I ordered them today!!!

30% $ increase since the 4th. Dang!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads