JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Can we even trust the numbers coming out of China? Once the guy in Everett. Got sick and probably passed it on to others here I think we may know a better mortality rate in the USA. As health care is different here then China.

That's the spirit!

What can i say, im a realist not an optimist. Not much to worry about unless your one of the unlucky to come down with it, things like these come up all the time, doesnt look like this has the incubation period or mortality rate to do much

What I liked about our response to this was that the CDC and TSA were working to set up monitoring at 3 international airports. That sure makes you feel warm and fuzzy, until you find out that we have 149 international airports in this country!

What I liked about our response to this was that the CDC and TSA were working to set up monitoring at 3 international airports. That sure makes you feel warm and fuzzy, until you find out that we have 149 international airports in this country!

...and the incubation period seems to be 10 days or so.

Really makes one start to wonder if ANY kind of research facility (either legitimate OR clandestine) just might be located "somewhere." Seems like a whole plethora of "never before seen" diseases and pestilence seems to arise over there. :s0076:

Sounds like they've actually quarantined a few cities now over this and it's spread across the seas to Japan/koreas/EU/Australia/US/UK

Sounds like it's making it's rounds.

When's raccoon city??

Really makes one start to wonder if ANY kind of research facility (either legitimate OR clandestine) just might be located "somewhere." Seems like a whole plethora of "never before seen" diseases and pestilence seems to arise over there. :s0076:

Newest biohazard research facility is located in Wuhan. Supposedly the most advanced & the highest grade (level 4) in China.

I expect a lot of the reasons why we see new illnesses come out of China is simply that when humans are stressed, they are more susceptible to disease causing organisms. China has mad amounts of pollution right now, there are places where the air is worse than Los Angeles ever was, even back in the seventies. Toxic chemical dumping in the rivers, overpopulation, and crowded conditions all tend to encourage the propagation and spread of contagion.

I expect a lot of the reasons why we see new illnesses come out of China is simply that when humans are stressed, they are more susceptible to disease causing organisms. China has mad amounts of pollution right now, there are places where the air is worse than Los Angeles ever was, even back in the seventies. Toxic chemical dumping in the rivers, overpopulation, and crowded conditions all tend to encourage the propagation and spread of contagion.

Yah, um nope.

Too many people. Too many people living in bubblegumhole conditions rite next to and amidst folks living 1st world conditions.

A simple correlation would be the association with bird handlers & avian influenza. As a simplified example.

Hey everybody,

Just a heads up about this new virus, it is a really bad one. I am in Thailand and the chinese new year is about to kick off which means millions of chinese people will be filling the airports here and and possibly spreading the virus (which apparently as a 10-14 day incubation.)

People are dropping dead in the streets in China and it is becoming a real panic. They have quarantined about 20 million people.

If you haven't done so already, stock up on masks and practice excellent handwashing skills and avoid places where exposures will happen.... Crowded places airports, bus stations, hospitals.

If you can, stay home.... until this thing either fizzles out naturally, or they get a handle on it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR