Who remembers the "D-Max"?

Reactions
This little carbine is a rare puppy. They were manufactured in Auburn Washington, I think, a short 5 years or so. From 1988 to 1993. They were made in 9mm, 10mm, .40s&w, and .45acp. The 9mm used Sten mags and the other calibers used M3 Grease gun mags. They made both a carbine and a short barreled pistol version. They were designed by a retired LEO and are quite unique. To start with, they use a Sten/Sterling type round bolt and combine that with AK trigger parts. Back in the early 90's I had one in .45acp but had to get rid of it to pay bills after the ex left. It bummed me out for a long time. A good accurate, reliable nice looking carbine. Fast forward to 2005 and I found another carbine but this one is in 10mm. None the less, it is the real deal and I jumped all over it like stink on poop. I have lived in south King county since I was a teenager and I think it is very cool to have a firearm made here locally. So any question or comments? Let me know what you think.

d-max006.jpg

d-max002.jpg

IMG_0128_zpsrn1bqxnz.jpg

IMG_0124_zpsepanhjvu.jpg

IMG_0122_zpsbirxslgr.jpg

IMG_0121_zpsx8mwijde.jpg

IMG_0114_zpsnwlxmgjh.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsvqkwsulu.jpg

IMG_0110_zps4csxylp0.jpg

IMG_0107_zpsfdu6ztgh.jpg

EPS

Reactions
It's funny on right they market it as a survival rifle .was survival rifle the old way of saying "assault" rifle LOL

Larrytpdx

Reactions
This little carbine is a rare puppy. They were manufactured in Auburn Washington, I think, a short 5 years or so. From 1988 to 1993. They were made in 9mm, 10mm, .40s&w, and .45acp. The 9mm used Sten mags and the other calibers used M3 Grease gun mags. They made both a carbine and a short barreled pistol version. They were designed by a retired LEO and are quite unique. To start with, they use a Sten/Sterling type round bolt and combine that with AK trigger parts. Back in the early 90's I had one in .45acp but had to get rid of it to pay bills after the ex left. It bummed me out for a long time. A good accurate, reliable nice looking carbine. Fast forward to 2005 and I found another carbine but this one is in 10mm. None the less, it is the real deal and I jumped all over it like stink on poop. I have lived in south King county since I was a teenager and I think it is very cool to have a firearm made here locally. So any question or comments? Let me know what you think.
Very cool! Where did you find it and what did you have to pay?

CountryGent

Reactions
Oh man I haven't seen one of those in years; maybe late 90s. I always thought they'd be a nice pistol caliber carbine.

'gratz on the find. :)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
Top Bottom