JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me interpret for those that don't understand liberal speak. We must act while the emotional wave is there. The US Constitution is out dated. Executive orders trump the US Constitution. The all knowing all caring Obama knows what is best for his subjects. Good intentions trump everything even the order of law.

Presidents are not emperors. He just cant wave a pen and ban a constitutionally protected right, that has been settled law in the US Supreme Court. He will be sued so fast and from so many states and organizations, that if he really wants this fight, he will get a huge, knock-down, drag-down fight. While I suspect many gun owners see themselves obeying any new laws because they are honest, law abiding citizens, but many currently law abiding gun owners will find themselves as newly minted criminals and will actively disobey any new executive order. Just like in the military, there is no obligation to follow an unlawful order. And an executive order banning the possession, sale, or transfer of certain firearms will be an unlawful order in my opinion.

I would actually like to see a huge fight over guns. It will do more to kick Democrats out of office than the Tea Party can.

keep in mind... the threat of an executive order, or other such huge action, say a sweeping ban ala Feinstien... a possible great distraction from something seemingly minor in comparison that they could slide through while everyone's attention is focused on the EO possibility.

SO... say the focus and fear are directed towards an EO or Feinstein's ban. not as much attention goes to the flanks, where they push a magazine ban or something similar through.

ANYTHING, absolutely anything that gets onto the books just opens the future for more; an eventual total ban, in baby steps.

My wife said it could never happen, and I replied that it will happen in small steps. Little by little they chip away at our right's. let's not forget what happened to the Jews in the 30's. Disarm, and then harm.

I am not a lawyer, but my read is that any Executive Order would be limited to within government and its processes. Therefore, one might imagine a valid Executive Order to be something like:
- require a secondary background check for certain weapons
- require a secondary background check for any weapon with a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds

The above are both hypothetical examples that I just made up. I have no crystal ball on what might happen...

Peter

Presidents are not emperors. He just cant wave a pen and ban a constitutionally protected right, that has been settled law in the US Supreme Court. He will be sued so fast and from so many states and organizations, that if he really wants this fight, he will get a huge, knock-down, drag-down fight. While I suspect many gun owners see themselves obeying any new laws because they are honest, law abiding citizens, but many currently law abiding gun owners will find themselves as newly minted criminals and will actively disobey any new executive order. Just like in the military, there is no obligation to follow an unlawful order. And an executive order banning the possession, sale, or transfer of certain firearms will be an unlawful order in my opinion.
I agree with you that he isn't suppossed to do those things, that doesn't mean he won't do it and that doesn't mean he'll be held accountable, at least by those who are suppossed to hold him accountable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top