JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently bought some winchester primers and noticed that they don't go in the primer pocket as easily as CCI. Maybe because the CCI are nickeled.
Other than that never had reliability issues.

It's not the nickel, it's just a matter of tolerances. All the primers are pretty much within industry tolerances. Likewise with the case's primer pockets. It's just a matter or stacking tolerances where an oversize (but still within limits) primer meets and undersize primer pocket. For me, they just have to go in, stay in, and not leak. If they do that and still make the round go bang, they're OK primers. For my standard ammo, if they meet all these standards, and are inexpensive, they are then "Great Primers".

Only loads I'm picky on are the ones I want to make nice small holes that aren't much bigger than the bullet itself.

I have gone thru 4500 of the Tula primers(Wolf), in the last year. Use them in my cowboy guns. I had only 1 failed primer in the 1st 4000 loads. Then I reduced my hammer spring on the revolvers, since then I have had 3 failed primers in the last 500 loads. I will be going to Winchester next(its what I have in stock) to see how they do. I may need increase my spring pressure some..

For rifle loads, I use CCI, Federal, or Winchester.

Federal SP and LP for my tuned revolvers. They are softer and easier to ignite.
CCI 34 for mi M1 ('06) loads. They are harder and help reduse the possibility (remote) of a slamfire.
CCI, Winchester, or whatever Bi-Mart has for .45 Auto and 9x19

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads