JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What should I carry?

• S&W 629

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • beretta PX4

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • glock 17

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • a sharp stick, and money to bribe people to just leave me alone

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I don't know how to put more than one quote in a post.

matt w:
"Maybe if you open carried less people would mess with you?"
I do a lot of my local riding at night when there's way less traffic, so open carry wouldn't really be a deterrent. I don't really like the attention you sometimes get open carrying either. In the woods I don't mind it, but I try to avoid it usually closer to towns or on roads with more antis.

turq:
"Have you thought of getting a Kawasaki KDX 250?
Light nimble good on gas wind still blowing into your helmet/face less tiring go more places packs more...? Just my take on it(oh and more safe than a bicycle on HYW 101.)"

I had a yamaha 125 dual sport for a short while last year, and sold it before I even bothered getting my endorsement. I've got chronic tendonitis in my hand, and the vibration from riding a dirtbike (and chainsaws, power tools, etc) absolutely kills me, and I'm barely able to grip anything after awhile. It doesn't burn the calories like pedaling does either.

101 actually isn't that bad for bicycling. well at least not the southern half of the state. The more northern parts doesn't have a shoulder for a lot of it, but 101 is still about the most popular bike touring route in the U.S.

HWY 1 down in CA is where things really get scary on a bike.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top