Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Which Chronograph to buy?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by jaredpost, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jaredpost

jaredpost Puyallup Member

I've been learning to reload and I'm starting to look into getting a chronograph. Currently I'm only loading pistol loads but I will be starting on rifle ones soon. Does anyone have a recommendation on which chronograph I should buy? Any features that I should look for?

Thanks for the help!

2. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

When I was in the market for one I looked for one that had the ability to store several strings of shots, average them, display high and low values, etc.

I ended up getting a Prochrono Digital (http://www.competitionelectronics.com/pages/shooting_products.html) and have been very happy with it.

I later added the USB interface and connected it to my NetBook PC and, in addition to displaying the results full screen, I could download all of the data off the chrono and save it to the PC hard drive. :thumbup:

3. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

4. jaredpost

Thanks guys, these look better than the ones I had looked at.

5. reloadem

reloadem Monroe, OR Member

CED M2 I just bought it a couple months ago, easy to use, plugs into the computer and you can export to excel if you desire.

6. jaredpost

Just bought the CED M2. Thanks for the help guys!