JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I posted this as an "impulse" buy in another thread, but its a keeper.

I had this out for the first time today and I am very impressed with the ease of operation, cell phone interface and CSV download files. A few button pushes and you get to the "go" screen and you go. When you're done you push a button to stop that "session" (they call each string a session) and push a few more times to start another. I didn't even look at the instructions, it's that easy.

Garmin.jpg

You can pretty much see what you need on the screen, but there is also an app that makes it easier. When you first open the app the session list will already be there if you left the Garmin on. It looks like such:

Sessions List.png

Then you pick one of the sessions and you get this:

Session Data.png

I have not gone through exactly what you can do from here, but I do know you can email yourself a CSV file and when I downloaded the file to my computer it was saved as an excel file that looks like this:

Garmin Exel.jpg

Every single rifle shot got a number which my Pro Chrono started having issues with this year. With the pistol though you need to make sure that you let the Garmin keep up with you. I didn't realize I was shooting too fast until I saw it only counted 37 out of 50 shots. When I started watching it I found that you need to see the FPS readout before your next shot which might take a second.

I say that if you're feeling impulsive in any way then get one of these little buggers. For $600 it will cure your impulsiveness for a bit. Wait... 🤔 ........ no it won't, but you'll know how fast your boolots are.

Last Edited:
And anyone interseted, I'm actually selling it here at MSRP too. It was an impulse buy too but I actually have no reason to use it at the moment due to time constraints. So hopefully someone else will have a better use.

EDIT: Nevermind. Soon after I posted this comment, I got a buyer already. Well, good luck to whoever is looking for one!

what are the advantages over a Labradar
Having not owned a LR I have no clue, but based on the countless YouLube videos on the subject I'd say that size/weight and convenience/speed of use (not having to aim the unit) are at the top along with no missed shots.

Besides size/weight and convenience/speed of use, what are the advantages over a Labradar?

They both essentially do the same thing?
Supposedly the Labradar can also determine velocity down range, like 100 yards away. The Garmin can only do at muzzle.

However, some people say Labradar isn't that accurate for that measurements anyways. Additionally, for 99% of people, it isn't needed. Finally, saw a comment somewhere that it could be a feature that can be added by software. But generally, it is more accurate to just place the unit down range at the distance you want to get the most accurate measurements.

Besides size/weight and convenience/speed of use, what are the advantages over a Labradar?

They both essentially do the same thing?
Labradar is a battery hog.
Aiming it is difficult for some
It is rated only to projectiles up to 3500 fps
The trigger algorithm leaves a bit to be desired - compared to the Garmin - LR will miss a bunch of shots.
Given all that, I recently bought a LR kit for $300

Labradar is a battery hog.
Aiming it is difficult for some
It is rated only to projectiles up to 3500 fps
The trigger algorithm leaves a bit to be desired - compared to the Garmin - LR will miss a bunch of shots.
Given all that, I recently bought a LR kit for $300
Agreed on all points. I have had the Labradar for a couple of years. Much better than shooting through the old Pro Chrony but not always the easiest to get working. You do have me curious now. I think I have seen higher than 3500 fps on my LR. I guess I need to take a 204 out this week.

The Garmin does look like an easier solution. Thanks for the review.

Mine was delivered last night. I shot a 12 shot string with my crosman 1377 pellet pistol in the shop. I used variable pumps to test out the unit and it read all but a couple shots. The missed shots were user error not holding pistol where it needed to be. It is pretty damn forgiving but you must adhere to the 5-15" recs. Speeds were 225-550 fps. This unit is pretty impressive!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top