JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They tried to make the 14 E1 a replacement for the BAR but the cyclic rate was too high, walking or standing with the E1 could not be controlled.
I never saw one of those in service. One company I was in, did, however, have some M14's with the selector switch devices still in place. With ordinary rifle stocks, not the E1.

I will try to post pictures later today. Many years ago, I went to a machine shoot in Penn. It was one of the ones I brought with me. I thought to myself, I am going to look like fool if I shoot this standing up. So I laid down on the big canvas that was set up, put the Bipod down and discovered the dynamics of the gun.

14-E1 Note the pull down handle and bipod was part of the gun. I guess they never got into big production
due to their behavior. I pulled the teeth out of it, and sold it.

IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0029.jpg

14-E1 Note the pull down handle and bipod was part of the gun. I guess they never got into big production
due to their behavior. I pulled the teeth out of it, and sold it.
Thanks for adding the pictures. The regular M14 bipods were a manufacturing work of art. I don't know what they were carried for on the property books, but way, way more expensive to make than the stamped sheet metal, two piece jobs made for the M16.

I use the ATLAS on most of my AR10's and I think they are a work of art. The high end ones area little
wide but when you lock them down they don't move. It's almost like shooting off sand bags.

I have never seen one do that or heard of one doing that. Basically it was said that the M14 was an M1
with a box magazine. I am not saying it could not happen, just never heard of it happening.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top