JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would offer the guy in Washington what I could afford for his Colt Combat Comander that is selling it for $725. Great guns.:)
I believe that one is a 9mm...

ATI has a Commander size in the 450.00 range, with some of the frills... It's a fairly tight gun, out of the box. And more accurate than I am...

A5631FAF-2584-44DD-B1BC-1E354C3B2120.jpeg

HAD an RIA and then got a Taurus pt1911, while some may still knock and yes sometimes Taurus deserves it
I now have two PT1911's and gun for gun more accurate then any RIA I have ever shot, and shoots as good as the
Colt MKIV Ser 70's that I have owned so... flame on.

I got about $650 and want a 1911. Should I just get a Springfield milspec or is RIA a real option? And is there any other budget friendly 1911s I should look at. Thanks

i have a Springfield and love it. The Ruger SR1911 is also a fine choice. I'm not a fan of Rock Island. The ATI is also made in the Philippines but has a better fit and finish.

I have a pair of RIA, and they both have been flawless! For the money, it' hard to go wrong with these and every thing they come standard with would cost a ton more to add or do with any others! Look at what they come with and compare to the others in the same price range and see for your self!:)

ive had really good results with my Remington R1 Enhanced threaded.

MSRP $1150
Out the door at my FFL after rebate $630

F5A3A3CB-5E29-40E4-9353-94AA38C3418D.jpeg

i added grips and a wilson barrel bushing.

i love it.
im also pretty sure theyre made on PARA tooling.

I have only a vintage Combat Commander, but knowing Ruger's financial and business acumen, their rep as unbreakable, their customer support, their US manufacture, their unwavering 2nd amendment/NRA support and the fact that I believe it is impossible to wear a Ruger out, my vote goes that way.

ive had really good results with my Remington R1 Enhanced threaded. MSRP $1150 Out the door at my FFL after rebate $630 i added grips and a wilson barrel bushing. i love it. im also pretty sure theyre made on PARA tooling.
That would be among my top two for a workaday 1911. Remington is going through some hard times, but it is not the fault of the workers.

That would be among my top two for a workaday 1911. Remington is going through some hard times, but it is not the fault of the workers.
if it means anything, this 1911 runs 100% with a suppressor attached too. even with 1000rnds between cleanings. maybe 5-6k rounds thru it so far

my next 1911 might be a 10mm dan wesson or ruger...idk, but it has to have a threaded barrel. maybe i'll build one.

maybe i'll do one in 460 rowland:D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads