JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it was the day before Memorial Day weekend, I was standing in front of a San Juan County judge in redneck Monticello, Utah on a trumped up class B marijuana charge. The hippy that picked me up while I was hitch hiking to Colorado forgot to clean up his station wagon floor mats and Sheriff Buford T Justice had an illegal roadblock looking for out of state drivers to fleece, and sure enough just one pot seed is worth a $200.00 fine levied against the both of us.

I, too, figured this was about Mt. St. Helens and I certainly remember Blondie. May 17, 1980 was my Senior prom. I've always said we partied so hard that's what caused it to blow!

Ya know, Portland was a nice place then.

I was 5. And remember watching St. Helens blow from one of the local parks. Started raining ash that night.

egonencyclopedia.org%2Fmedia%2Fuploads%2Fthumbnails_medium%2FOIT_campus_gym_and_union_hall_1970s.jpg Foregonencyclopedia.org%2Fmedia%2Fuploads%2Fthumbnails_medium%2FOIT_view_toward_Owens_Hall_1970s.jpg

courtesy of Oregon encyclopedia

Most likely out in the middle of a field setting irrigation pipe getting ready for the season or just sitting out in a field using a pipe........;)

The eighties are kinda blurry in my mind.......

Last Edited:
Standing on the deck (Back then I lived on Mt. Scott) watching Mt St.helen's BL OW it's top on the May 18th 1980

Last Edited:
I had been out of the Army nearly 5 years. I was still wondering what my lifelong career would be. Little did I know, I was already in it and would be for another 34 years.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top