Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to shoot between Portland and Antelope Oregon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MarkSBG, Apr 5, 2010.

1. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I am going to the Washington Family Camp located near the thriving city of Antelope Oregon this weekend. I was hoping to do some shooting on the way up there, but don't know of any locations along the way.

I was either going to take Hwy 26 over Mt Hood or 84 to Biggs Junction and then south. Any good places to shoot along the way?

Thanks!

And here is a phone pic I took last year of the camp:

04-05-09_0803.jpg

04-05-09_0803.jpg

2. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

If going through Biggs and South, not sure if you'll go all the way throughh Mitchell or cut over earlier, but just West of Mitchell, off of Dry Creek Road there are quite a few spots to shoot. Gravel Pitts, or just natural pittsl off to the side of the road. I've shot there quite a few times. Also, between Mitchell and Antelope via Dry Creek Rd. in an area known as Horse Heaven I thnk, there are lots of spots. Is the place your going close to The Young Life Ranch (former Rashneesh Ranch) ?

3. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Did you get your red suit back from the cleaners?:laugh:

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

That's offensive! (I never let anyone else wash my red jump suit.);)

Thanks Mike! Actually, I am going to the Young Life Ranch. Our church has a men's retreat there every year. I took the picture in the first post at the top of a nearby hill. It shows a couple of the main buildings. At this time of the year, there are no kids there and we have the run of the place. It is a nice facility!