JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I looked at one on Tuesday at the cabelas in tualitain. The employee said it had just come in. I don't recall the price exactly, I was more interested in looking it over. Felt a bit heavier than I was expecting but was well balanced and had a nice solid feel.

Brownell's also shows them in stock. Just maybe they are finding their way into the supply chain. I'd sure prefer to buy locally, but my money says I'm gonna have to buy online.

I paid $100 down on one from NW Armorys next shipment. I went in the day before last and they had received 50 and that knocked the waiting list down from close to 100, they hoped for another shipment soon but are telling people 3-4months. I figured its worth the wait and in a few months will only have to cover the remaining $379+ 10bgc.

I bought one today at Cabelas. Nobody behind the counter knew they had it, or what it even was.

They actually had two. As soon as the customer behind me saw what I was buying, he bought the other one.

Their price was $559, before any discounts.

Looking to purchase the Ruger 9mm carbine. I know Northwest Armory received their shipment but they are sold out of their first batch with all their pre orders. Anyone know any other shops near Portland that have this in stock?

As with every "new gun" this happens. People always ask this same question. When some shop gets one or two if someone tells you it's going to be gone by the time you get there. Want one? There are a few ways to get one. Hit up a few shops and ask to get on waiting list. Depending on how good a customer you are you can find one sooner or later. Or you can just keep checking shops. Sooner or later one will have one. Or if you want one now? The auction has them every day for sale right now. All depends on how much you want to pay. If you want the best possible price it's either wait to stumble onto one or wait till the pipe fills. If you want it bad enough to pay a little more any FFL can have you one on the way today.

I bought one today at Cabelas. Nobody behind the counter knew they had it, or what it even was.

They actually had two. As soon as the customer behind me saw what I was buying, he bought the other one.

Their price was $559, before any discounts.

In the early days of new guns a lot of people end up with one like this. Often stores like the one you went to end up with some and most who work there don't know what's going on. Looking forward to how you like your's. Also looking forward to getting my hands on mine. If I did not already have so many PCC's I would have already just bought one off the auctions. Very much looking forward to mine :)

I think the new ones look ok, but I still prefer the look and style of the older 9mm Carbines Ruger used to build. They had that 30 M1 carbine look and feel.:D

You can still buy those. I liked the look of them too. The difference with the new one is Ruger did things right with this one. They obviously had some smart people look to see what was going on with this market. This was a real cutting edge design.

Maybe I should put my Gen 1 up for sale?????????

They still sell and always will. I have a couple I am going to sell or use as a trade in. Of course right now it's just a hassle due to the having to run it through a dealer. Since I bought mine around 15 years ago I can still sell them for about what I paid. Or you can wait for the next panic and they will shoot up in price.

You can still buy those. I liked the look of them too. The difference with the new one is Ruger did things right with this one. They obviously had some smart people look to see what was going on with this market. This was a real cutting edge design.

I personally don't see what Ruger did wrong with the first carbine they made. I like the older model way better than how the new style looks. They could have threaded the old model style if they wanted to. The older model which I have handled seemed to be built much tougher in design. :cool:

I personally don't see what Ruger did wrong with the first carbine they made. I like the older model way better than how've new style looks. They could have threaded the old model style if they wanted to. The older model which I have handled seemed to be built much tougher in design. :cool:

It was not that they (Ruger) got it wrong. Back when they made them there just was not a market for the PCC. I have long loved these things but I used to be a minority. Marlin and Ruger came out with them and they got lack luster market share and were dropped. Fast forward a couple decades and the PCC market began to take off. This time Ruger watched what was going on and really hit the mark. Factory threaded, the take down, and the big upside, multiple mags. The take down is big as is the ability to use multiple mags. So far they are offering the ability to use 3 different kinds. That will grow. The "look" of the new design is to me not as nice as the original at all. I can live with that for what they did. Some of this has to do with the founder no longer being around too. Bill Sr. was NOT very gun friendly to the public. The people that took over after him want to make what the people want. Now one good part of these new Rugers is the old ones are starting to show up a lot more at a better price. The original as soon as they stopped making them became a wanted item. Got to where people would pay pretty good money for them. The demand for them is dropping now which is a good thing for the people who want one. Anyone who wants one of the originals there is a lot of them showing up on the used market now.

Pretty sure sporting systems had one when I was in there the other day.
I'd take one, but it's not high on my list of priorities. Now...if they started selling adapters for other magazines(besides glock), is be MUCH more interested

It was not that they (Ruger) got it wrong. Back when they made them there just was not a market for the PCC. I have long loved these things but I used to be a minority. Marlin and Ruger came out with them and they got lack luster market share and were dropped. Fast forward a couple decades and the PCC market began to take off. This time Ruger watched what was going on and really hit the mark. Factory threaded, the take down, and the big upside, multiple mags. The take down is big as is the ability to use multiple mags. So far they are offering the ability to use 3 different kinds. That will grow. The "look" of the new design is to me not as nice as the original at all. I can live with that for what they did. Some of this has to do with the founder no longer being around too. Bill Sr. was NOT very gun friendly to the public. The people that took over after him want to make what the people want. Now one good part of these new Rugers is the old ones are starting to show up a lot more at a better price. The original as soon as they stopped making them became a wanted item. Got to where people would pay pretty good money for them. The demand for them is dropping now which is a good thing for the people who want one. Anyone who wants one of the originals there is a lot of them showing up on the used market now.

Yea I agree with multiple mags use and the takedown feature as an atractIve feature to many people. I personally like toughness in a gun design over the sporty styes which tend to not be built as tough. For Bill Ruger not being gun friendly to the market as you say, he sold a LOT of guns. Germans were known for making good firearms designs. Like Paul Mauser. I knew a guy outside of Missoula Montana when I lived there whom was a close friend of his boy, each time they made a new gun model he sent him one if his choice. As he told me "thier designs had the least amount of parts in them, built with toughness and good function" Rugers kid said of his dad Bill who that told to the man I knew there. He had a few guns also that never even made it for sale to the public as well he showed me. Sometimes it's nice to have friends in high places he said. Lol :D

Last Edited:
I also had no problem with the original "Police Carbine", and I actually prefer it. It failed as a civilian gun, as it was marketed to police agencies. The cops didn't want it, as it took a different magazine than their Glocks, and there was little chance of them adopting the Ruger pistols over a Glock.

In the meantime, sporting goods stores did not stock them to sell them, as they declared there was no interest in such a carbine. So there was no chance the original carbine could succeed.

As much as I like my original Police Carbine, it's become a safe queen, as it would be difficult to replace, and Ruger's service department is distancing themselves from them. That's why I have such an interest with this newer PC Carbine. It's cheaper, and I wont have to worry about getting it repaired or replaced it if it should suffer a failure.

Pretty sure sporting systems had one when I was in there the other day.
I'd take one, but it's not high on my list of priorities. Now...if they started selling adapters for other magazines(besides glock), is be MUCH more interested

They currently offer the mag well for 3 different mags. The Newest Ruger, the one older design Ruger, and the Glock. The way these are selling I have no doubt that either Ruger or the after market will soon be offering them in yet more configurations too.

Now one good part of these new Rugers is the old ones are starting to show up a lot more at a better price. The original as soon as they stopped making them became a wanted item. Got to where people would pay pretty good money for them. The demand for them is dropping now which is a good thing for the people who want one. Anyone who wants one of the originals there is a lot of them showing up on the used market now.
Yep...The value of my PC4 is taking a dump, as we speak.:s0161::D

My old one has a terrible trigger. I understand the new trigger is better.

Sheldon

Not to be argumentive, the old one has a terrible trigger compared to what? I grew up with some pretty awful triggers in the Army, so for a close quarters and/or battle rifle, I never had the criticism for the trigger as other folks had.

Being the devils advocate, when a feller says his Glock has a wonderful trigger, I also have to ask, "compared to what?" A factory Glock trigger is terrible!

Everything is relative.:cool:

I 'kind of' wanted a PC at one time - until a friend got one in trade and I had the oppportunity to shoot it - kind of bulky and clunky in my opinion and IIRC a heavy trigger. I lost interest in them.

Yep...The value of my PC4 is taking a dump, as we speak.:s0161::D

Not to be argumentive, the old one has a terrible trigger compared to what? I grew up with some pretty awful triggers in the Army, so for a close quarters and/or battle rifle, I never had the criticism for the trigger as other folks had.

Being the devils advocate, when a feller says his Glock has a wonderful trigger, I also have to ask, "compared to what?" A factory Glock trigger is terrible!

Everything is relative.:cool:

Heavy trigger you say? I had a couple of those old Commando Arms .45 PCC's decades ago. Stamped metal made to look like a Thompson. They both had triggers that had to be in the #15-20 range. I still loved the damn things as I always loved PCC's but damn those triggers. Your finger would get tired trying to dump a 30 round mag. :)
As for Glock their triggers did a LOT of changing over the years. I remember the first one I ever shot, G17, not long after they were hitting here. Not for me but the trigger was pretty good. Seemed a little long of course but light and smooth. Soon LEO's who were still using D/A Wheel guns were getting handed these and of course the AD's started happening. So the answer was to make the triggers 2 or 3 times as heavy as they were at the start. First time I shot one of those I thought something was broken at first. :)
I had a couple of the old Rugers long ago. Don't remember them having a "bad" trigger but then I was comparing them to stuff like those old Commando Arms so anything felt pretty good :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top