JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, thinking I want a Magnum Research BFR large cylinder in 45/70. Here is the glitch, I have never seen one in person let alone held one.

I know of many distributors in the area but no one has one in stock. I want to hold one! Preferably several with different stocks and barrel lengths.

So anyone know a p[lace where they have them in stock? Say anywhere near I-5 from Eugene to Portland works.

Thanks

A forum member was nice enough to invite me over to see his BFR. A 45/70 with the 10 inch barrel and standard stocks topped with a nice variable scope. I could go that route and be very happy.

Still wouldn't mind seeing one with the Bisley stocks or the shorter 7 1/2 inch barrel.

And yes, I am expecting to have to order one from the factory to get what I want when I am ready to pull the trigger on the purchase.

So, thinking I want a Magnum Research BFR large cylinder in 45/70. Here is the glitch, I have never seen one in person let alone held one.

I know of many distributors in the area but no one has one in stock. I want to hold one! Preferably several with different stocks and barrel lengths.

So anyone know a p[lace where they have them in stock? Say anywhere near I-5 from Eugene to Portland works.

Thanks

I just traded for this one in .45/ .410 which is basically the same as you're looking into. I added the rail and solid wood grip. It is awesome. Fired it today for the first time. I live in Battle Ground.

2738BE1B-21FE-44C7-976A-5976277861AC.jpeg

I can't help you on where to find one but I can say they are enjoyable to shoot. I got the chance to shoot a few different loads in one with a 8" or so barrel. With black powder equivalent loads it's like a 44spl. Very mellow. Hot HD +P loads will be point of aim, point of impact at 100 yards and you'll know it went off.

Nice stocks! Where did you get them?
It's a Hogue one piece grip that slides on from the bottom up. There is a retention screw and assembly that is super easy to put on. The grip is in the BFR parts accessory page for $76. To me it does look more classy than the rubber grips that are stock. I fired the gun for the first time yesterday. It is real nice and smooth. If you're going for the 45/ 70, it may buck a bit more, but the gun is so heavy, I doubt it would be bad. Like I said, smooth.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top