JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been working over 60 hours a week for well over a year, and I just realized it's been nearly eight months since I've been out! Curious to hear if other people go through these long periods. I need to get out more!

Bad deal to be indoors all the time. Body only gets real vitamin D from the sun and without it all kinds of bad things happen.

Bad deal to be indoors all the time. Body only gets real vitamin D from the sun and without it all kinds of bad things happen.

That's the truth! Luckily my 2nd job is outdoors, so I get plenty this time of year.

Last spring. Hot dry weather has kept us from going shooting. Wife is going to buy a new pistol next week - hoping September brings cooler wet weather to let us safely shoot in the forest. I need to dial in my new ar and get rounds through our caryy guns. Lots of dry practice these last few months.

I'm suprised by the people that say many months or years. I find shooting a release and therapeutic so if I go two or three months without discharging a firearm I start getting grumpy. Even if it's a .22 out back plinking for a few.

Plus I have to justify my habit of buying ammo and components lol.

Yesterday (WED).
I took a first timer to Diamondback (indoor) after a hour and a half of "kitchen table training" the day before. She's a 19 yr. old Japanese exchange student and she had never held a gun or even saw an actual gun in her entire 19 years, except for in movies or TV. She was a natural and was shooting 4" groups (22lr) from the first mag she fired. I had her try 380 (one bullet per mag to start) but she didn't like the recoil. She was particularly handy with a SW 617 22lr revolver that another shooter offered to let her try. She wants to go again.
Her unfailing grasp of, and following of, the safety rules right down to finger off the trigger 'till on target was impressive.

It was also nice being out of the darn fire smoke and in the clean filtered air of the range for a while. I usually go to Diamondback twice a week, every week, the annual pass is $180 so it works out to around $1.75 per visit, a family member guest is free, non-family $5. (capable of handling all firearms under 50 caliber, up to 3500 FPS.)

Last Edited:
Newborn son at home and the woods being closed due to extreme fire danger puts me at about a month. And even then, I had to drive over 100 miles east to do it. I suppose I could go to Albany Rifle and Pistol or Mohawk/Marcolla, but most of my shooting buddies are still in the Bend area. Its been at least six or eight since I've shot in the Willamette Valley.

Its been two weeks for me and another trip tentatively planned for Monday. Might be my last for a while as our third child in 4 years is due next month. I agree that its a stress relieving therapy session for me. The wife gets massages and I go off and put little holes in things, with the hope that the holes are very close together ;)

It's been a month and a half or so. In the meantime things seem to have gotten significantly drier. It feels like if you stare at the grass funny out here it starts smoking and a news crew shows up all excited to catch some footage your neighborhood burning to the ground. I've resigned to simply fussing around the reloading bench.

How is this panning out at the shooting ranges? (I figure most of the public lands are shutdown to shooting by now.)

Just got back 20 minutes ago.
My Dad's 1949 model of 18 and 94 ,32 special, shot perfect at 200 yards
I got my TRP back from Springfield with a new barrel,tritium night sights,barrel bushing and roll pin of course. And it shot just the way the target showed. They shot a 1" group at 25 yards. It was perfect out to 100 then the cheap ammo wouldn't all go 200 yards,lol
My friend's 22 marlins need some more help though

Perhaps a month ago; going out to sponsor the grandchildren's .22 activities, and testing 10 or 15 rounds of a new load, is the new definition of target "shooting" for me.

Haven't shot any skeet or trap since 11/2008 either.

Reloading seems to be more prudent than unloading these days..shooting skills are undoubtedly getting rusty:eek:

Perhaps a month ago; going out to sponsor the grandchildren's .22 activities, and testing 10 or 15 rounds of a new load, is the new definition of target "shooting" for me.

Haven't shot any skeet or trap since 11/2008 either.

Reloading seems more prudent than unloading these days..skills are undoubtedly getting rusty:eek:
:s0010::s0154:
couldn't find the wagging finger for you

I shoot almost everyday of the year! Last time I remember not shooting was about 4 months ago, I was running a high fever for a few days and that slowed me down a little.

When we bought our house I was specifically looking for property to enjoy my hobby! I can safely shoot up to 150 yards. In the fall/winter I can stretch it out to 200 yards thru the trees!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews